Author Thread: Cougars
Admin

Cougars
Posted : 21 Nov, 2017 03:26 PM

Curious: Why do so many women on here want a man 10 or 15 years their junior? Usually, men in their 50s or 60s are criticized because many of them want the "pretty young thing", and the women are understandably frustrated. But, here on this Christian site, replete with women's profiles laced with wonderful Christian wording, I see too many profiles in which a 50 yo woman, e.g., wants a guy between 36 & 49. So a man like me, at 53, cannot even date a woman who's 50!! I'll cite some examples, sans profile names:

* 55 (38-50)

* 54 (40-48)

* 45 (28-45)

* 42 (28-39)

* 42 (27-34)

* 50 (32-49)

* 44 (32-42)

* 59 (40-55)

* 50 (40-50)

* 40 (27-36)

* 52 (40-52)

* 43 (18-36)

* 45 (35-37)

* 52 (29-52)

* 52 (45-52)

This is the short list. rest assured, there are MANY more. And, of course, a lot of women here prefer men who are +- 5 years of their own age, e.g., and there are even a few who prefer older guys. But, I've seen this an unnerving number of times. I can't approach someone my age, but if I approach someone who's younger, I'm the perv! How's a man supposed to get a break? Could this be why so many of these women are single and looking?

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Cougars
Posted : 22 Nov, 2017 01:08 AM

Hahaha! This is an interesting post. Since I never check out women's profiles, I would not have known this without you sharing your keen observation. I obviously am a bit puzzled, too. I used to have an age set on my profile but I changed it to any age just experiment because there was a post that shared that the age setting doesn't allow them to reach people . However, I still find myself applying some age criteria when I read those who winks or message. So, thanks for the reminder. I should reset it back to what I had before.

View Profile
History
Cougars
Posted : 22 Nov, 2017 02:53 AM

Well you're a very pretty lady. I'm sure you'll find someone, whatever the age.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Cougars
Posted : 22 Nov, 2017 07:39 AM

As someone who has always dated men who are at least 5 years older than me I don't get it. I would also assume that a younger man is going to want to have a family at some point & my baby days are firmly behind me.

View Profile
History
Cougars
Posted : 22 Nov, 2017 11:38 AM

Ya know, that�s a really good point.

Melissam871

View Profile
History
Cougars
Posted : 25 Nov, 2017 07:52 AM

I can't speak for other women, so I won't try to. I am 25 and I will not date a man my own age unless he can show me he is mature. I am also yet to meet a guy my own age who is willing to have deep conversation about something. Therefore maybe we all have little things that we need to see in someone to get a spark to develop.

View Profile
History
Cougars
Posted : 25 Nov, 2017 10:05 AM

don't confuse age and maturity....

1jon310

View Profile
History
Cougars
Posted : 26 Nov, 2017 08:37 PM

Keith

I do not know exactly which profiles that you have looked at but it has been my experience that a lot of those profiles are from people who are no longer active on this site. They set op the age ranges when their age was within the age range and they have not been active on the site for a while. I have little doubt that there are profiles on this site that have not been active for MANY years. I suspect that cdff keeps the dead accounts because it makes it easier to sell adds due to inflated (dead account) membership numbers. Just my theory anyway.

View Profile
History
Cougars
Posted : 28 Nov, 2017 08:51 AM

I am proudly a Cougar, and so was my mother! My dad was 10 years younger than my mother.

actually, I'll date whoever I find interesting, age and looks do not really matter to me.

they, however, must be healthy, non-smoking, Christian, and preferably church going!

View Profile
History
Cougars
Posted : 1 Dec, 2017 03:10 AM

1jon310...

That might make some sense. Good insight.

View Profile
History
Cougars
Posted : 2 Dec, 2017 10:06 PM

After reading this post I rethought my age criteria as well . I had put younger only for the fact of possibly a younger gentlemen needing a great, loving mama for his small children who might have recently lost there mama and needing one to stand in her place. But I desire a Godfearing man that has experienced life as a husband and father, and possibly grandfather . if they are too young and never experienced those things, then I would have very little in common with them. My original criteria 45-65. But I've changed it to 50-65. Cause with all due respect I do not want to be associated with the label cougar.