Author Thread: "Adventures"
Admin

"Adventures"
Posted : 25 Nov, 2017 03:08 PM

Can a woman here tell me what this means to you? It is all too common an element in ladies' profiles, regardless of age, and I am curious to know what it means.

Are you looking for jungle trips in which you end up trying to escape dinosaurs? Or perhaps you mean getting captured by a pirate ship and escaping with your lives -- and treasure?

Please explain. Thanks.

Ocean17

View Profile
History
"Adventures"
Posted : 26 Nov, 2017 12:01 PM

I am consider myself adventurous. I often have experiences or stories where people say they would never do. I actually believe I don't take enough leaps of faith. I used to when I was younger. Learnt a few lessons in my mistakes which makes me more cautious today.

I consider signing in this website is being adventurous.

For example, last juin (the origins of why here are a long story) I went to Nashville and then took a bus to Memphis.

To start, most people are surprised that a woman would travel on her own. If I didn't, I would never go anywhere and I love to travel, meet new people and experience new things.

Then those that know the area, are beyond belief that I would go to Memphis (the area has a bad reputation).

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip. It was sort of planned and not. Lots of room for spontaneity and let's see what's going on at the time. I have many Happen to be there, moments. I did what I wanted to do, stayed as long as I wanted to in an area, made new friends, listened to awesome music of all kinds. I ran away from my reality for 8 days. It was fantastic. I wouldn't recommend it for just anyone. I walked for hours around town, ate great southern cooking, I had a backpack with me (spare clothes for weather and souvenirs), I stayed in questionable area that I had not properly researched.

The grace of God was with me for sure but I so needed to get away. It was a memorable trip and no ocean!

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
"Adventures"
Posted : 28 Nov, 2017 02:58 AM

An adventure to me is doing something fun & exciting it could be a day out in London or further afield. I've recently come back from two weeks in Jamaica and although I've been many times its still an adventure.

View Profile
History
"Adventures"
Posted : 1 Dec, 2017 01:33 PM

These do sound like adventures. These I understand.

Loree7

View Profile
History
"Adventures"
Posted : 8 Feb, 2020 09:40 AM

Adventures can be mundane trips turned to fun with a little creativity. For example, take a trip to an antique shop and instead of the usual browsing, turn it into a race to see who can find the oddest piece. At the zoo, try to identify an animal blindfolded.

Of course, my actual adventures have been more along the lines of a trip down the Amazon River.