Author Thread: Harsh words
Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Harsh words
Posted : 27 Nov, 2017 07:17 AM

What do you think of a guy who would put in his profile that if a woman from a country outside of the territory of the US would contact him, he would question her motive and delete?

View Profile
History
Harsh words
Posted : 27 Nov, 2017 11:16 AM

Past experience and paranoia about scammers?

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Harsh words
Posted : 27 Nov, 2017 11:44 PM

Good point. I guess there is a nicer expression to ward off non US persons without sounding harsh, offensive, or even judgmental.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Harsh words
Posted : 29 Nov, 2017 09:58 AM

It was unnecessary he could of said nothing gone straight to settings and ticked the box that prevents people outside your country from contacting you simple.

View Profile
History
Harsh words
Posted : 2 Dec, 2017 09:49 PM

Believe me just clicking will not talk to someone outside of US does not work. Not does the ethnicity requirements. On your search criteria. I wonder sometimes why we even fill it out. Because it does not screen those out that you have requested not to contact you.

View Profile
History
Harsh words
Posted : 28 Dec, 2017 09:53 PM

Simply clicking "no one outside US" does not stop all outside contact. My personal experience - it blocks all European countries and most African countries, it does not block the Philippines.

The individual may be posting out of frustration. Frustration for me comes in the form of women who challenge and confront what I desire in a wife. An example, my profile reads - "Pinay, I appreciate your interest; however, I have no interest in traveling that far." Yet, even with that posted, they still continue to email, wink and try to interact with me. So it could boil down to the guy you're referring to may feel frustrated and disrespected.

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Harsh words
Posted : 6 Jan, 2018 10:30 AM

Thank you all for your replies. Now I have a better understanding why those were written on a profile. May the Lord guide all of us so that we can have positive & loving experiences as we stay & interact with different people from this site.

View Profile
History
Harsh words
Posted : 17 Apr, 2018 06:44 PM

Ummm maybe he has been stung a few times?

There is nothing like being roasted in deception and it hurts.

The Bible does say guard your heart.

I guess the Lord knew what some of us are truly like?