Author Thread: notificaton on message page of replies that have been posted on 'forum threads'
Admin

notificaton on message page of replies that have been posted on 'forum threads'
Posted : 4 Dec, 2017 09:20 PM

I enjoy the concept of 'forum chats' but if someone posts more than one or two - ever - it's difficult to remember where they were actually posted... and sometimes the pathway to the post has also been forgotten in that the post itself is 'buried' under multiple layers of 'forum thread titles'... I like to at least acknowledge when someone comments/replies to something I've posted on a forum for consideration.... but I have trouble since I don't have breadcrumbs to leave behind me.... : )

Well, anyway...

THE POINT: reply notifications would be very nice to stimulate more use of the forums... preferably on the message page... where most people would notice more quickly and reply in hopefully a timely enough fashion to perhaps keep the flow of conversation fresh and flowing...

thanks so much for all you do... I sincerely appreciate it....

have a great day and God bless....

View Profile
History
notificaton on message page of replies that have been posted on 'forum threads'
Posted : 14 Jan, 2018 08:33 PM

I agree that reply notice subscriptions would be great. I'd also like to see threads ordered by recent activity. That way the most active threads are moved to the top of each category to better encourage participation. I think they are currently ordered by original post date which isn't helpful to anyone.