Author Thread: How do single men cope with the holiday blues?
Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
How do single men cope with the holiday blues?
Posted : 9 Dec, 2017 03:52 PM

The holidays is probably when most of us feel lonesome. This is when reality hits hard because holidays are usually spent with families or special someone. So, am curious how single men deal with the holiday blues. Or maybe you don't go through one?

R123

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2017 04:44 AM

Just feel a bit more sad than usual and wait for it to end!

aceetsx8

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2017 01:05 PM

To be honest, I am not great at coping with the optional side of the holiday season. I happen to be that oddity that is the over-emotional male (think Job, Jeremiah and Barnabas in the Bible). I also happen to live in a university town which literally goes dead a couple of days before Christmas. My solution is to avoid being alone at all costs. Failing that, I simply must find a way to keep my mind occupied.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2017 04:01 AM

I eat a lot, then I go exercise at the gym to repent for my sins

Gessler

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2017 04:10 AM

Be happy with your self worth. We all want to be with someone, especially at holiday times, but your happiness will be determined by you, not the lack of someone!

Be merry and eat mince pies!

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2017 12:19 AM

I invest in my family and friends.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2017 09:36 PM

Get through it by doing for others. Many people have the blues during this time of year for many reasons. Usually you can see it in their eyes. When I do I just ask them whats wrong and encourage them to talk. Most of the time I just listen because they need a place to vent whats going on and just remind them how special they are.

SeekingGodsBest74

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2017 02:44 AM

Joy is something which can stay deep, and locked within. It's from knowing the Lord and talking to our Heavenly Father.

Maybe I'm just different, but I've always found the idea of being thankful one day a year on Thanksgiving more on the selfish side when we can be thankful every single day of the year.

Same with Christmas - why only give to others (your time, your ears, your heart, etc) one day out of the year when you can be selfless in many ways all year round.

I spent Thanksgiving alone, and I've opted to work Christmas Eve and Christmas day. While I like the alone time, I'm happy to be helping others rather than just sitting home alone.

Don't let roguish feelings in. Put on the whole armor of God each day and keep that inner joy safely radiating outwards with the fruits of the spirit.

God bless!

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Dec, 2017 04:55 AM

Thank you for the replies. It is very honest to hear that you go through it, too. And I am equally blessed for the words of encouragement shared. I do opt to reach out, too. I am more of a supporter & encourager so my joy comes from being able to share, care, & encourage. So now, I pray for all of us... May the love of Jesus fill our hearts to overflowing. May this season be all the more meaningful because we are able to go beyond self, but to rise above and highlight our savior, Jesus Christ, who was born, that we may live. All glory to Him, forever.