Author Thread: If you could be a character in Jane Austin's novels ...
aceetsx8

View Profile
History
If you could be a character in Jane Austin's novels ...
Posted : 10 Dec, 2017 01:41 PM

Which of Jane Austin's extraordinary characters resembles you most and in what ways?

If I had to be a male character, I'd definitely choose Colonel Brandon. He is both aware and not ashamed of his emotions. He kniows what he wants. He has suffered a deal and that has taught him compassion. I also admire Edmond Bertram a great deal for much the same reasons.

If I had to be a female character, I think I'd go for Miss Dashwood. Elinor looses her home, her lover and (almost) her sister. Yet, she is as solid as a rock. She would have been happy with Brandon but I suppose all's well as ends well. I have some sympathies for Fanny Price. Her marrying her cusin, though, felt a bit artificial to me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Dec, 2017 08:46 AM

Now this thread I really like:D. Can't say that I identify myself with a particular character but out of all of Austen's works, I really enjoyed Emma. I think that to some extent we can all relate to Emma: hardheaded, opinionated, loves her friends and family and always thinks she knows best (although we know that's not almost never the case). It's funny and endearing how she is proven wrong, how she realizes the error of her ways and comes to terms with what she really wants. Got to love Knightley for having the patience to deal with her:)).

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2018 07:21 PM

I think that I am the most like Elizabeth in "Pride and Predigous" as I'm quiet and reserved. I also tend to be somewhat stubborn.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2018 07:23 PM

I think that I am the most like Elizabeth in "Pride and Predigous" as I'm quiet and reserved. I also tend to be somewhat stubborn.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jan, 2018 07:33 PM