Author Thread: Random question
Jacinta13

View Profile
History
Random question
Posted : 6 Jan, 2018 10:27 AM

Besides the Bible, which other book has helped in your spiritual growth?

View Profile
History
Random question
Posted : 6 Jan, 2018 11:57 AM

In all honesty, the Bible is the only book that I ever read. That said, there have been other influences which have helped my spiritual growth. My children would definitely be at the top of that list. My heart has definitely grown in its capacity to love since they were born. Seeing how "God is love", I'd say that they've helped me in my spiritual growth.

aceetsx8

View Profile
History
Random question
Posted : 6 Jan, 2018 02:45 PM

That's a great question. There are too many to name really. Some of them include The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis, The Resurrection of the Son of God by Tom Wright, One Bible, Many Voices by S.E. Gillingham and The Prophetic Imagination by Walter Brueggemann.

1jon310

View Profile
History
Random question
Posted : 6 Jan, 2018 07:33 PM

I have more then a couple of hundred Christian non fiction books in my library not to mention many articles, sermon tapes, books on cd and tape. Many articles off or the internet saved or printed out also. All have helped me to grow some more then others. Even the bad ones helped because they helped me to practice discernment.

JSea09

View Profile
History
Random question
Posted : 21 Jan, 2018 03:33 AM

What He Must Be... if He Wants to Marry My Daughter by Voddie Bauchem

View Profile
History
Random question
Posted : 24 Jan, 2018 05:57 PM

The Great Controversy written by Ellen White. Most people claim Ellen White is a liar but I sure do not believe that. I have only stepped foot in a Seventh Day Adventist church once and have not been back since. However, I do consider myself a Seventh Day Adventist because I believe in the sanctification of the seventh day Sabbath (Genesis 2:1-3) and I believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ. However most people claim that Ellen White became a Trinitarian which is completely not true. The trinity concept and Sunday worship are not in the Holy Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation (KJV). Read this book and test it before you deny the truth that is within it!