Author Thread: Why a LOT of GUYS (& Girls) get passed up on this DATING site
Admin

Why a LOT of GUYS (& Girls) get passed up on this DATING site
Posted : 11 Jan, 2018 08:17 AM

Please LIST reasons why you passed them up...here's some of mine

1. Its a CHRISTIAN dating site...some put nothing about God on their profile..shows He's unimportant to them.

2. Sending WINKS, SMILES, is like going a nite club, handing me a card and walking away. It goes in the trash.

3. Pictures with sunglasses (or no picture) is like going to a nite club and having a bag on your head.

4. Pictures with a FISH you caught...disgusting

5. This is a DATING site....if one is shooting the breeze with 'HEY' and no real thought-out intro, it says they just want a pen pal....that's what FB or social media is for.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2018 05:16 PM

Ditto on Past's positive commentary. I agree with those two posters as well.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jan, 2018 08:21 PM

Lack of grammar and punctuation on your profile tells me you're only here for the low hanging fruit- which I am not.

It's odd when a man has marked that he has kids, but writes nothing about them.

Profiles that indicate we have obvious value or theological differences that would be divisive in a marriage.

Peanutbutterpie

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jan, 2018 10:21 PM

"StillHaveIt" I agree with a lot of your reasons....

I've seen quite a few profiles with pictures where the person is wearing sunglasses or the photo is extremely dark, or there, of course, is no photograph and that is automatically going to get ignored or deleted.

Another big one are the one word responses or "hey" messages. It's just so unoriginal and boring. I mean I love creative greetings or responses. It's really not that difficult

Also asking very personal questions right off or heavily flirtatious messages is quite the turn off.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2018 01:27 AM

Still have it :

Thanks for clearing that up. : ). I felt that I had to speak up for all the men, who are decent men of god.... giving dating sites a chance. (Many of them are not even on here). From the flip side of the coin....I find it sad to hear their stories on these dating sites, where they have had women "make comments",...causing them to not want to go into much detail about their walk with God. (My close guy friends have said this). As a beautiful woman, your Opinion bears a lot of weight. And Was disheartened at all the men who Would read it and get discouraged and give up.

I too had a recent experience due to "a lack of detail in a profile" allowed a man into my life that caused a lot of heartache.

If we are not careful,... to choose our words to build them up,...and not tear them apart.... we are not helping the big picture.

Ephesians 4:29 says to "say only what is needed for building up the community so that it benefits, (and gives grace), to those who hear it."

I appreciate you clarified what you meant and love to hear your passion for worship. : ) But I really wanted to stick up for the men. : ).

They need all the encouragement we can give them.

Perhaps the right girl would love to see their "sermon" and would find just the right match??

Thanks for starting a thought provoking discussion! : )

Blessings.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2018 07:12 AM

Also, since this is a CHRISTIAN site, why would someone put a small 'g' for God, but a capital 'I' for themselves? This shows what's really most important to them is themselves

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2018 07:19 AM

Peanutbutterpie ...yes....very much a turn-off...as I said, one thinks more of what they'd put on a resume cover letter than they do of trying to find their mate...they will never kiss or say 'I Love You' to their boss...cuz they think finances are more important than love...yet they say they'd give EVERYTHING to find love

BUT I heard that 93% of communication is non-verbal...so I read the non-verbal cues

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2018 08:21 AM

Below is an example of a profile I said I pass up cuz they're PREACHING here...geez!!

"Many will say to me, "Lord, Lord", and I will tell them simply, "Depart from me, you doers of evi

Hello my sisters. Please hear my heart, if you are not a "BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN", according to (John 3:7), we could not walk together according to (Amos 3:3). This life is about Christ Yeshua. He created each one of us for his glory. Yahweh is aware of those who are not authentic, having a form of Godliness", having rejected the Holyghost, according to (2 Tim 3:5). Truly walking with Christ is serious business my sisters. Yeshua Goes on to say that there will be many that will call him Lord at the Great White throne Judgement. And he will simply tell them, "I never knew you, depart from me"

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2018 08:32 AM

to YourBestLifeNow:

MEN do need to know what to do ...and NOT do in dating.

If I want to get preached to, I have ministers for that. Like most ministers will tell you, they DO NOT have Gospel on when they are trying to be intimate with their wife...so why do that on your profile??? It's a first meet and greet? Why the counseling?? If I want a psychologist, I will go make an appt.

Below is an example of a profile NOT-DO I found on this site...MAJOR TURN OFF...

"Many will say to me, "Lord, Lord", and I will tell them simply, "Depart from me, you doers of evi

Hello my sisters. Please hear my heart, if you are not a "BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN", according to (John 3:7), we could not walk together according to (Amos 3:3). This life is about Christ Yeshua. He created each one of us for his glory. Yahweh is aware of those who are not authentic, having a form of Godliness", having rejected the Holyghost, according to (2 Tim 3:5). Truly walking with Christ is serious business my sisters. Yeshua Goes on to say that there will be many that will call him Lord at the Great White throne Judgement. And he will simply tell them, "I never knew you, depart from me"

rubaremaj

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2018 01:14 AM

Hello am josh from uganda i agree with you because some individuals do not recognize God as their God.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2018 09:16 PM

1. Because their grammar is bad. If I can't understand you, I won't reply. Yes, I understand English is a second language for some, but "wen u tlk lik dis it tlls me ur 2 lazy 2 comunacat rite. Am cumfuzzed by dis. Am not gunna replie." Don't.

2. Because instead of greeting me like a normal human, they flirt right off the the bat or compliment unnecessarily.

"Hey, Nice lips."

"Hey, they're genetic, bye."

3. Bad picture. I want to see a face, not nose hairs, not the blurry at a bar image. Or there are um... "interesting" images in your profile. I once stumbled upon an account that loudly declared "LOOKS AREN'T WHAT TO BASE A RELATIONSHIP ON. THEY ARE FICKLE." and every pic was this shirtless buff dude posing in front of a mirror. I enjoyed the view, but dang, somebody needs to practice what they preach.

4. Guys who come at me, telling me they prefer my skin color or my hair color within 5 seconds. It's awkward and ties heavily in with number 2. You think I'm pretty? Cool. Can you start out with a "hi" instead of "I love white women." Thanks.

5. They're incompatible based upon profiles and they still try to slide into my messages. KJV onlyist who wants six kids and a wife who's never had wine? Yeah, sorry, I'm not the one. Did you not read my profile? You should read my profile.

6. "Hey cutie, add me on whatsapp, kik."

No.

7.*literally everything from profile is copy-pasted from the Bible.* You love the Lord? Sweet. But uh... you have to have other hobbies besides reading the Bible. Right? No one just sits and reads the Bible for 8 hours a day for fun. :\ I can't seem to attract a happy medium ( well, there's like one or two. HI.) but most of my messages are either creepy or from someone who has a distorted view of what women are actually like.

Page : 1 2 3 4