Author Thread: At your leisure, ladies, I'd appreciate a profile review...
Admin

At your leisure, ladies, I'd appreciate a profile review...
Posted : 20 Jan, 2018 02:04 PM

I've gotten advice on refinements over the past few months, both from friends outside of and members of this site. I've made changes, like the removal of some statements, changing a couple of photos, etc. I've not taken all advice given if the reasoning behind it was not made clear. But, I've certainly made a few changes I was not comfortable making.

What is wrong still? I don't expect every woman to want me. I do expect the statistical 1% to show a mutual interest. Having contacted about 156 here since March of 2017, I should have had at least 1.56 women with whom a mutual interest was shared. However, the only women showing any curiosity about me at all are foreigners (those outside my country, the U.S.). I've had two American ladies contact me, but I was not interested (thought I did respond to both). I've also had approximately 85 scammers make their laughable attempts to fool me.

Every woman looking at my profile will have a slightly different opinion from the next. But, if there are some universal take-aways (suggestions I'll hear more than once), I will consider those.

Thanks for taking the time!

Hikerchic

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2018 05:01 PM

There is nothing wrong with your profile other than, it seems you are being a bit vague so as not to offend anyone. My advice it to be you ! Otherwise the lady he likes a guy like you will just cruse right on by never even knowing she just passed exactly the kind of person shes been looking for :) Love the nerf rifle pic, and you looked so serious lololol

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jan, 2018 10:01 PM

Ha. First, thank you for taking the time to comment.

But, you know what? I WAS very specific but was advised to limit that since it might turn off some women who might otherwise get to like me and accept those other details later on down the line.

Thanks for the kind comments, btw, on my nerf gun pic

Abbaschild52

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2018 01:44 PM

There is nothing wrong

Abbaschild52

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2018 01:47 PM

There is nothing wrong with your profile except that it says you live in California, it should say Texas.lol. Seriously that would be the only reason I would consider you undatable based on your profile.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jan, 2018 01:54 AM

Let me ask some of you ladies here: I removed links to my forum posts and comments about my conservative political leanings from my profile, as per advice I received from both men and women. What say you about that? Was that a good idea?

Hiker, you mentioned that my profile was too "vague". Is this the kind of thing you were referring to? Or, did you mean something else?

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jan, 2018 01:54 AM

To both women who've responded so far, thank you for your kind words.

Hikerchic

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jan, 2018 05:15 PM

My advice is to be you !!! If you have opinions you want to share, share them :) . There is really no point in not being you right ? Then you might end up attracting someone who wouldn't even like you !! :) . We are all different, I like informative profiles, it helps me to get to know someone even if its just a bit, before I actually message them or respond to a message from them. If I'm not feeling any clarity about that persons beliefs or interests, I will probably just keep scrolling ...but maybe that's just me...

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jan, 2018 07:43 PM

Well, I started a different kind of thread here:

https://www.christiandatingforfree.com/forum/forum_details.php?topic_id=22947&forum_sub_cat_id=4

I hope you can link to it. It's in the 'dating experiences' section.

This woman there (StillhaveitThkGOD, or something like that) offered some suggestions, incl. the removal of things like my political leanings and links to my forum posts. A dude also offered some similar suggestions. I took them up on those critiques, but pushed back on the rest (such as writing my profile as a love letter to my future mate).

I think things like political leanings are important, but they figure that it could be a needless turn-off to someone who might turn out to be open to me otherwise. What do you think about that?

I did try to be very specific otherwise, like in my list of interests, and by providing a rough idea of what I'm looking for in a woman. If I am missing your thought, could you give me an example of what you mean by less vague?

Thanks Hiker! Appreciate your input.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jan, 2018 07:45 PM

Hiker: Ignore that last message. I just read your latest post thoroughly and that answered my questions. Thank you.

If there is any other information a woman here thinks would be helpful to add or remove, please let me know!

Tanx...

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jan, 2018 08:12 PM

Geez sorry for all the posts.

I just changed a few things in my profile. If / when you have time, I welcome your constructive feedback.

Thanks Abba's and Hiker for your commentary thus far.

Page : 1 2