Author Thread: First Message/First Impression?
JSea09

View Profile
History
First Message/First Impression?
Posted : 21 Jan, 2018 03:31 AM

What kind of message will be most likely to get a response? Something that's just short like, "Hello, I came across your profile and was wondering if you'd like to chat?" or something that's more engaging with the person's profile? Does it even play a factor? Personally I try to engage with the profile in someway to show that I read it, but sometimes there's just nothing given to engage with. Then what should be done?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2018 07:25 AM

There is no set formula that guarantees a response, I would say contact people you'd like to get to know. Keep it brief ask a few questions about something you saw in their profile. Don't be discouraged by those that don't bother to reply.

Melissam871

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jan, 2018 07:45 PM

Personally, I find it's nice when someone shows you they have read your profile and takes an interest in you as a person. It doesn't even have to be anything heavy, even just if you comment on something they wrote or enquire about their profile. If they are worth your time, they will appreciate your effort even if they aren't interested :-)

Peanutbutterpie

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Feb, 2018 08:06 PM

I definitely agree with Melissa. I really find it a compliment even if someone took at least a little time to engage me with some of the interests or bits of info from my profile and use it as a conversation starter. It also shows that you at least have some interest in trying to get to know me, versus just a really blank "hey, how's it going...If there isn't much to go off of (I've seen that so many times), then maybe discuss a popular world event happening or maybe even ask a thought provoking question that might catch the person's attention. Just a few ideas :)