Author Thread: HELP ME WITH YOUR INPUT
1jon310

View Profile
History
HELP ME WITH YOUR INPUT
Posted : 21 Jan, 2018 04:50 PM

I have been going over this topic for some time now and I have not found any good books, articles or even full sermons on the topic so I ask for everyone's input.

What are the traits of a Spiritual Leader in the home? What have you seen? What would you like to see? How do you see this described in scripture?

This should apply to families with a husband and wife with or without children. Also I really want the input of single parents or children of single parents.

Please answer me here or send me a private message. I really want everyone's input.

Thank You and God Bless

Hikerchic

View Profile
History
HELP ME WITH YOUR INPUT
Posted : 28 Jan, 2018 04:48 PM

The traits of a good spiritual leader : I think he (or she if a single parent) would first look at his relationship with our Savior, leadership for others only really works if we are obedient to him. Second a good spiritual leader will pray with and for those in his charge. Being a spiritual leader is not to be takin lightly, when we do not show understanding and compassion it not only reflects badly on use as individuals but reinforces the worlds view that we are all hypocrites, in a leadership role more often then leading we are serving and at least as often as we are trying to bring Jesus to our loved ones as much as we find ourselves clinging to him for safety. For me in being a single mom raising a young boy my first route of action is to go to Jesus in everything and pray that by watching that example he will learn to do the same

1jon310

View Profile
History
HELP ME WITH YOUR INPUT
Posted : 28 Jan, 2018 07:20 PM

Thank You Hiker

This is a good start. I wonder if there is anyone else who can add more to this. I know that there are some of you who have input to add. I wonder at the hesitancy though. I am asking for opinions, experiences and desired examples. No one needs to feel as though they have to provide a thesis or a sermon on the subject. I really want to know what you have to say. Thank You

View Profile
History
HELP ME WITH YOUR INPUT
Posted : 23 Feb, 2018 05:10 AM

https://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/what-does-it-mean-for-a-man-to-lead-his-family-spiritually