Author Thread: What does the Bible mean by an Evil Heart?
Admin

What does the Bible mean by an Evil Heart?
Posted : 24 Jan, 2018 04:24 AM

For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.

~ Matthew 15:19

The Greek word for Evil is πονηρός (poneros) and the definition is

"restlessness, full of labours, annoyances, hardships, pressed and harassed by labour's, bringing toils, annoyances, perils; of a time full of peril to faith and steadfastness; causing pain and trouble"

Hence, an evil heart is actually a restless heart. Out of a restless heart all kinds of evil deeds, fornications, thievery, slander comes out. Tell me in history, name a dictator who had a calm heart? And I will name you a king who ruled for 1000 years.

Are you restless in your preaching or ministry?

Are you restless with your studies, job, business, health or family?

I submit to you, We have been all guilty of having an Evil Heart. What hope do we have then?

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

~ John 14:27

Let not your heart be troubled, look to Christ's finished works on the cross and you will have a peace the world will never know.

MeZiMMaH

View Profile
History
What does the Bible mean by an Evil Heart?
Posted : 29 May, 2018 10:24 PM

"the heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (jer17:9)