Author Thread: A little discernment here please
Hikerchic

View Profile
History
A little discernment here please
Posted : 10 Feb, 2018 06:33 AM

What would be the attributes of a scammer or predator on a dating sight out side of the obvious stuff. Men can be really good at telling women what they want to hear and we can be very vulnerable too. How do we tell the difference between being told what we want to hear and a man speaking from his heart. On the flip side what should be the top qualities a Christian man would or should present with and how do we tell the difference.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2018 01:44 PM

It's pretty easy. Don't ever send money. Don't ever fill any type of lude request. Don't send pictures of your children. Don't send your address. Meet in a public place first. Just treat it like you're selling something on Craigslist. lol. I met a woman once who seemed alright for about a week. I realized I was talking to a scammer when the diction changed... it was like someone else was typing to me at times (speech patterns, phrasing, punctuation, etc.). She would never use a live video form of chatting. She tried to do the "honey trap" thing once, but I wasn't about that. I figured it was a scam from a long way off but I thought about what I was willing to provide... I could still be an example for them. So I stayed with it and kept things the way they should be. Talking about God, and being a nice person. When it was time to meet they had an emergency flight they had to take... and then they started asking for money. I didn't send any, of course. When they tried guilt tripping me I just laid out all the things they had done wrong as a scammer, that I wasn't stupid, and they should find an honest line of work because the time they had put into getting nothing from me could have been put to better use. So, to answer your question, how do you know? You don't. How do you protect yourself? Don't do anything dumb. No money, no address, no pictures of your children, meet in a public place... etc. No worries. :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2018 04:50 PM

Yeah, I cannot speak about male scammers or scammers portraying themselves as men. I can only speak about those claiming to be women...

I've encountered an estimated 109 on this site since joining in March of 2017.

I encounter them EVERY time I hit certain chat sites.

The patterns are generally the same:

* Broken / bad english

* Stupidity (in their pics they're blonde, but in their self-description they're brunettes)

* They instantly provide phone numbers and email addresses

* Oftentimes they are from Africa, particularly Ghana. They have trouble using the pronoun "I" and will start sentences with "am" instead.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2019 06:51 PM

It is so bad and for the most part I have NOT been impressed with the quality of men on Christian sites either. A 53 yr old man looking for a woman 20-48. REALLY?!! I would love a letter of introduction from a man's Pastor. hahah One man I was interested in was NOT interested in praying over the phone. Good hoop. He failed. I think the best thing is go VERY slowly and hold on to your heart until you are sure. Problem it is easy to fall in but not fall out.

Page : 1 2