Author Thread: Not Able To Relate to Most People
Admin

Not Able To Relate to Most People
Posted : 19 Feb, 2018 11:52 AM

I'm rather kind of depressed as of late. Throughout most of my life, I've been unable to effectively connect with anyone. I've missed out on a lot of opportunities to enter into relationships with some women, those who had introverted personality types like mine, because I was too withdrawn and I kept to myself because I wasn't too keen on entering into relationships during my early 20s. I went into law school, but I didn't make any connections or relationships. People look at me strangely, because I tend to clam up when someone approaches me with an extroverted greeting. I can't help but think, "what do you want from me"? I always feel like someone wants something from me rather than actually interested in getting to know me. So it takes a lot for me to get comfortable around someone. And I've never been in a relationship with anyone. I feel completely alienated and ostracized from most of the people I meet, especially with my generation. I don't understand how to engage socially in the same way most people seem to, enough for me to take an interaction anywhere. Maybe it's because I just don't like interpersonal interactions that feel so forced, but I like genuine ones that feel authentic and natural. I mean, I'm happy to talk to someone about anything, and I enjoy listening to people more than I like talking about myself.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to get across with this post. Maybe I'm just venting. I'm hoping someone out there understands. As I feel hopeless that most people I meet tend to assess me based on a false first impression regarding my introverted and quiet character, without getting the time to thoroughly know me and understand why I am the way I am. It only makes me more withdrawn, and less wanting to extend myself out in a social setting. I don't have any friends. The only people I have are my parents and my dogs. I've tried so hard to enter into a relationship with someone, but it feels impossible. I don't know how to connect with anyone.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Feb, 2018 03:34 PM

In regards to my post, I'm sorry for being melodramatic. I'm just venting. I feel so old in my mind that it's frustrating trying to find someone my age I can connect with. You can disregard my post.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2018 04:53 AM

Sean, you have isolated yourself too much. My advice to you is you have not mentioned anything about going to church. If you dont go, try to find a pentecostal church where you have to talk to God one to one bringing your pertition before Him. Try to transform yourself by renewing your mind as explained in Romans 12 verses 1 and 2. Join church groups for worshiping and praising the Lord. Its never too late, and with Christ age is just a number. God loves everyone. Forget about the past. The devil is a lier. Start your new life in Christ now. Let us enjoy our life in the Kingdom of God where we are happy forever.