Author Thread: Distance
Micah97

View Profile
History
Distance
Posted : 23 Feb, 2018 09:57 PM

I just thought of bringing this question up. Why are men so afraid of distance? I've been wanting to understand this for so long, because ever since I joined this site, I've had a problem with men because I live too far, sometimes even racial problems. But my main concern is, Would men on in this site settle for a long distance relationship (with visits once every year) until you've both settled down and now ready to take the relationship to the next level??

1jon310

View Profile
History
Distance
Posted : 26 Feb, 2018 05:13 PM

Sis: You are asking a general question but no answer can cover all of the different viewpoints. In my experience (as someone older) it seems that most of the people are desperate to start something now. Our culture does not like to do anything slowly and allow something to progress at a natural pace. I have been told often that these online/distance type of relationships do not seem real to people also. If a person cannot touch the other person and meet them in person then it is difficult for some to not take the approach of Thomas. Be encouraged that the right person will either be wiling to navigate the distance or that you will turn around one day and that person will be right in front of you.

View Profile
History
Distance
Posted : 26 Feb, 2018 08:04 PM

There's also a certain aspect where interaction in person helps you to get a better feel for chemistry/how they handle things in good and bad times, etc. When you're only communicating by skype or e-mail or whatever, you tend to put your best self forward rather than people being able to see you on a "bad day." And even if you travel to meet the person, there's the exterior pressure that "I spent lots of money to fly out here, I'd better make sure nothing upsetting happens" looming over you. Which also makes it hard to determine if you really are compatible for a long-term commitment, if that makes sense.

View Profile
History
Distance
Posted : 30 Mar, 2018 02:29 PM

I think is hard for many the thing to take a risk for someone far away. But i think if its in Gods will you and that special person will met. : )

Kimjungeun

View Profile
History
Distance
Posted : 30 Mar, 2018 05:22 PM

Some has strong will to move forward and make things happen but some are not or I'd rather say most. Keeping in touch through phone calls or video chats may help prolong the relationship but without good foundation it will be fragile and might fall.

If there is a guy or are guys who can keep up that set up? Yeah there is/are but we need great luck to have them. God bless us

View Profile
History
Distance
Posted : 20 Apr, 2018 09:07 PM

i agree with you, however i know of people who do long distance and they both work at it and they got married and are settled now. So for me though i believe what you said is true it also can be the individual doesnt wishes to make the effort. To prove my sentiments; my very own sister met someone on CDFF and are getting married this august.

how do they do it you may ask. They got to know each other via video calls and voice calls and they share they daily moments with each other. for example he's at work, he thought of her and send a text of love and affection or he made short videos of what he is doing at the current moment. he sees things that reminds him of her he takes pictures and send. she also does the same. so after getting to know each other by being both vulnerable they met in person because they both knew after all their communication which were consistent they are very much interested and would like to see it work. a long distance relationship will never work if someone is thinking about how much they will spend to meet someone. Most importantly your communication cant be on and off, it MUST be weekly even if its just a quick call to say how was your day and visa versa. both party have to be willing to try and let go of the obvious pressure. you have to make decision together just as if you were living in the same area code. so there was no awkwardness with my sister and her now fiance because they were two strong christians who told the truth and were very open in their needs and dislikes. so when they eventually met he couldn't get enough of her. the second time they met he proposed.

View Profile
History
Distance
Posted : 20 Apr, 2018 09:34 PM

amen i must agree with Jon. the male or the female must be willing and ready to be vulnerable for a long distance. if a man or woman doesnt see your worth and think that you are worth it;; hold your head up high and continue your journey because, guess what. it wasnt the right person in the first place. the right or the person for you will make the time and effort to learn about you and become vulnerable .

in addition, i must include that long distance in some way helps with sexual control.. in the sense that if you were living closer in the same city its more likely for you to brake your vow with God and commit fornication. while on the other hand long distance limit such sin. you will have desires for the person but it makes you more stronger as a christian when you are not in each other space all the time. hope this helps.

im hopin my king come find me soon haaa haaa

Peanutbutterpie

View Profile
History
Distance
Posted : 21 Apr, 2018 01:12 AM

Toyaperk really great thoughts. I think distance is kind of more common when it comes to meeting new people online whether for friendships or potential romantic relationships. You almost have to realize that can be a very common possibility, especially with sites like CDFF where there might not be as many members in your area. Long distance relationships, in general, take a lot of maturity and commitment, however, if the situation is temporary and if both understand that you will possibly build up to the point of hopefully being able to be together more continuously then that's a goal to aim towards. I understand that it's easy to want to be around the person and experience those moments with them right then and there, but sometimes the distance kind of allows you to grow on another level and get to know the person deeper. But it does really depend on the communication factor and what you're really looking for personally because it's definitely not for everyone. With long distance, it's definitely gonna take both people's commitment and communicating effectively for things to even have any chance at working.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Distance
Posted : 28 Apr, 2018 06:34 AM

Most people (with options) wouldn't settle for a relationship where you only saw each other once a year probably at considerable expense.