Author Thread: Have any of you found guysthat say they love you and chase other women?
dedicated2U

View Profile
History
Have any of you found guysthat say they love you and chase other women?
Posted : 27 Feb, 2018 07:27 PM

It HURTS. The nicest woman can grow claws when betrayed. But it in a way makes us stronger if we can get through it and see we were NOt wrong to LOVE, to HOPE, to enjoy that sweet feeling of belonging to someone special, hearing them talk on the phone say all the right words and spin dreams, if they chose to shatter and rip those dreams, we stand in the mangled threads LOST, ALONE, but we STILL have GOD and HE loves us TRULY. And with HIS help one day we will find a mature man who can stand by us, laugh with us, hold us, cherish us, LOVE us.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2018 03:16 PM

Yeah. Like 80% of the guys in my inbox. I know that I'm not the only one they're confessing feelings for.

1jon310

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2018 08:02 PM

In the original Greek there are more then one king of "love" used and described. Our world and much of the church has no idea what "love" is anymore.

Perhaps we should all discuss candidly what kind of "love" we are discussing. When we say that we "love" our dog, coffee, car, home, TV show, friends, and or spouse there should be some conversation about what kind of "love" we are professing.

Ladies, I for one am sorry that you have been led astray with false proclamations or out right lies in regard to "love." :)

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2018 07:33 PM

I was married to one.....long time ago....and even he had a child outside of marriage, i stayed...till he left for good. I would hope one day to meet someone that would love as Christ loved the church. But its seem almost impossible for my age. Some one would DO what he says, that would be love !To love is to do ! Enough with the words !

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2018 01:16 PM

Men chasing more than one woman is not really being betrayed. God created men with that drive to "chase". Also, many examples of Godly men who had multiple wives in the Bible. And, no the new testament doesn't prohibit that either (Only for Pastors/Leaders does it).

1jon310

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2018 04:59 PM

Jesus brought us back to the original intent of the Trinity when God created Adam and Eve. One man and one woman joined together until death separates them. The admonition for leaders to have but one wife was not teaching that others could be in bigamous marriages but that they (not unlike the Levites of the Old Testament) were not allowed to marry divorced women.

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2018 06:47 PM

No where in new testament does it say that it is not allowed. That is just what most churches teach. In fact, messianic Jews did have multiple wives after Jesus was crucified and the church was started.

1jon310

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2018 07:17 PM

I would like to read the historical references supporting that. Please provide them. The Messianic Jews in that time period also promoted circumcision to get right with God. To play devil's advocate, Martin Luther also performed a wedding for a man who had a girl friend and would not leave her, The man was already married. There were many things that the church has done through the ages that did not align with the scriptures but that does not make those things right. When we advocate such things as chasing and marrying multiple women we are then rightly accused my the outside of being misogynists. Enough of that. Again please provide the historical references. Thank You

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2018 07:23 PM

I'm not saying that its wise for everyone to "chase" more than one woman. All I was saying is that in the entire Bible the only tow locations placing bans on this were once in the old testament regarding "multiplying wives" (1 x 1 is 1 (its adding) and examples for the Hebrew word is not adding its multiplying) and another in the new testament banning Pastors/Leaders to to considered on that basis. Other than that we have the rest of the bible with long lists of examples of which none were stated as wrong. The biblical description of Adultery is simply looking with lust at a Married woman or Marrying a divorced woman.

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2018 07:31 PM

I remember studying this years back cause I also thought it was ridiculous : ) Some Messianic Jews in fact did though not all of course. After a quick search just now I found this:

One rabbi says that a man may take as many wives as he can support (Raba, in Yeb. 65a). it was recommended that no one should marry more than four women (ib. 44a)

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2018 07:36 PM

Also this:

Joyce, George (1933). Christian Marriage: An Historical and Doctrinal Study. Sheed and Ward. p. 560.

Page : 1 2 3 4