Author Thread: Have any of you found guysthat say they love you and chase other women?
dedicated2U

View Profile
History
Have any of you found guysthat say they love you and chase other women?
Posted : 27 Feb, 2018 07:27 PM

It HURTS. The nicest woman can grow claws when betrayed. But it in a way makes us stronger if we can get through it and see we were NOt wrong to LOVE, to HOPE, to enjoy that sweet feeling of belonging to someone special, hearing them talk on the phone say all the right words and spin dreams, if they chose to shatter and rip those dreams, we stand in the mangled threads LOST, ALONE, but we STILL have GOD and HE loves us TRULY. And with HIS help one day we will find a mature man who can stand by us, laugh with us, hold us, cherish us, LOVE us.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2018 10:41 PM

Matthew 19:4-5 King James Version (KJV)

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Matthew 19 is basically Jesus's refutation of the cultural corruption of marriage that at the time was divorce and multiple marriage as convenience dictated.... Any deviation from "as it was in the beginning" was condemned.... and no Abraham does not count as "the beginning" and both his and Jacobs little adventures into group-wiving led to disaster within the family.... nowhere in the entire Bible is there a story of multiple wives that does not cause problems for the participants. It was a cultural norm yes but a religious deviance, though not one condemned as harshly as some others.

Back to the original topic though, the guys that profess their love to everyone they meet are actually professing their lust, they say whatever they have to to get what they want. Woman want to play games to find "the one"? Fine, the more careless guys will just cheat the game and the woman naive enough to think that they are the game-masters will get played. These men lie, steal and cheat simple as that.... for them every small victory is worth it. They don't see you as a individual of worth they see a mark. Lions seeing some nice flesh to bite into, drain dry and then discard. And because a particular woman has not yet learnt enough sense to steer clear yet she listens to her flesh that actually WANTS to get caught and gets caught again and again because "this time its different".

Traditional systems of courtship were there for the protection of woman, woman wanted the freedom to do as they pleased and "liberated" themselves of tradition.... but now that has backfired as it obviously would and instead of trying to remake new traditions that would offer stability everyone wants to stay in the current chaos but add more social policing.... which wont work. You don't get to play with lions and then complain when the more aggressive ones try to take a bite out of you now and then.

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2018 09:12 AM

I agree with that statement. Discernment and prayer is extremely important. Thats why I put "chase" in quotation marks. To lustfully chase is not productive or a righteous act. However I would not be so quick as to add words to the Bible (Galatians 1:8) which I do not see when in fact the opposite occurs frequently instead. (King David was a man after God's own heart and had more than one wife that God "GAVE" to him). No, he, along with every man, is not perfect (he killed a man and stole an additional wife through murder as well which was wrong) I understand that. But that being said, it is simply not a sin to have two wives. I've done extensive studies on this subject. You would be "one flesh" with each of your wives. it is said that you are even with a "prostitute" (1 Corinthians 6:16).

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 03:44 AM

You are confusing sin with stupidity. David over indulged with woman, Solomon more so. Both had disaster befall them because of it. In David's case it was his small army of sons aligning themselves antagonistically according to their mothers, his eagerness to acquire led to his house falling apart. David was many things but as a father he was a failure and as a husband he was an idiot.

That said though 1 Timothy 3:2 specifically says the leader of the congregation must have no more than one wife. A leader must lead by example of what the congregation should be thus the congregation should also stick to the rule of one man one wife where possible. Nowhere in the bible (as far as I know) is there an example of a man with many wives who has to divorce any of them for religious reasons, once married you are married.

It's not so much a thing of "do such and such or else you burn in hell", it's about being wise and seeking to rectify imbalance so you don't get crushed by yourself. No man in history I'd wager ever married more than one woman without paying dearly for that mistake, sometimes it being the woman that pays more. Other examples being Abraham having to cast out his firstborn but illegitimate son, Jacob being ping-ponged between his two wives and their concubines, Hannah being mocked into deep depression by the other more fruitful wife...

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 09:46 AM

Look, like I mentioned before. God "GAVE" david multiple wives. Look it up. Yes my whole point is that it is not sin. Like is stated in my previous post.

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 09:54 AM

2 Samuel 12:8

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 09:59 AM

And Abraham never married the servant that example is incorrect.

oregonsben

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 11:53 AM

Abraham did take her as a wife i was mistaken on that event. nonetheless, god never said Abraham sinned. that was gods will in that specific situation because of Sarah's discontent not because of Abraham's decision. It does not work for everyone but there are many other examples that show that it is fine. The whole old testament is filled with examples of which were not condemned or looked down upon: Abdon, Abijah, Ahab, Ahasuerus, Ashur, Belshazzar, Ben-hadad, Caleb, David, Eliphaz, Elkanah, Esau, Ezra, Gideon... the list goes on and on. If you think simplistic and logically about it as well God said to be fruitful and multiply and there is no easier way to than having more than one wife...

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 10:19 PM

"If you think simplistic and logically about it as well God said to be fruitful and multiply and there is no easier way to than having more than one wife..."

Going with that logic, there is no easier to multiply than by having sex with every woman you possibly can whether or not you are married.

You seem to have a very skewed interpretation of Matthew 19:3-6. You would be one flesh with each of your wives? Really? In Matthew 19:6 the verse says �So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.� (ESV) Are you really saying that the two becomes one flesh, but one of the two can actually go become one with someone else and still be one with as many others as he likes? If you truly believe this then I�m not sure how to make this verse any clearer to you.

2 Samuel 12:8 seems to be your main arguing point. In this verse, God was speaking to David through Nathan the prophet just after he had a man killed to take his wife. God was angry at David for what he did especially considering everything that David had. God gave David Saul�s position as king and it was the custom that all possessions of the prior king belonged to the successor. So David was given Saul�s wives by default, not because God WANTS man to have multiple wives. Some scriptures are often descriptive and not necessarily prescriptive.

There is no part in the bible where a man is commanded or even advised to have multiple wives. In fact you see just the opposite as pointed out in earlier posts. You seem to quickly knock off verses like Titus 1:6-7 and 1 Timothy 3:12 saying it's only for "Pastors/Leaders" but shouldn't the advice to spiritual leaders be applicable to all Christians? The verses in 1 Timothy 3:1-9 are speaking about leaders yes, but read these verses and see that these qualities (not just the part about having one wife) are all qualities that a follower of Christ should have. Leaders are only emphasized because many Christians would look to them first as role models. It doesn't mean a Christian who is not a leader should ignore it. If these teachings are holy to spiritual leaders then they are holy to all Christians.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2018 12:33 AM

Oh and let's not forget 1 Corinthians 7:2

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Mar, 2018 12:41 AM

Sorry Ephesians 5:23 It was stated that 1 Corinthians 7:2 wasn't actually a command.

Ephesians 5:23 - "For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body." (KJV)

The church is considered one body and Christ is coming for his bride, the church, not his brides the churches. A relationship between husband and wife should exemplify Christ and the church.

Page : 1 2 3 4