Author Thread: Suggestion on how to make this website better
Admin

Suggestion on how to make this website better
Posted : 3 Mar, 2018 08:27 AM

I have been on this site for about 4 months. I have had several conversations with several different gentlemen. My frustration is that the vast majority of these gentlemen ARE NOT CHRISTIAN. They are not born again, not living godly lives, don't take faith seriously, etc. I can only conclude they are attracted to a Christian dating website hoping to find a good Christian woman that will treat them right while they continue to live anyway they want to. I would like to suggest the the administration that there be some type of vetting process to make sure people who claim to be Christian even know what the word means before being allowed to join the site. It could be something as simply as a survey. I know there is no way to ensure people would answer the survey questions truthfully but at least they would know what the expectations are. I am tired of the bait and switch.

Jjbaldwin82^

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Mar, 2018 10:07 AM

You will know them by your fruits..Matt 7:16😎🍓🍇🍉🥝

bushfire^

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 12:30 PM

Discernment is the best vetting process.

musician47

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Mar, 2018 10:22 AM

All I get are scammers, both from viewing me and winks. Had two this morning, one viewed, one winked, BOTH banned within 2 hours of both. Not worth it.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2018 02:19 AM

Everything is already in place to make this site work well we just have to use it and its free so there's no excuse. My suggestion is "don't ignore messages or dismiss people based on profiles or profile pictures alone". Its unfortunate but you get scammers on every dating site & because its free they are out in force but CDFF are on the ball thank God.

Peanutbutterpie

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Mar, 2018 08:49 AM

I don't think there are any methods that are going to keep people who are not Christians from using this site. There have been, recently, a lot more scammers and jakey folks I've noticed this past year on here. Anyway, the only thing that could probably hinder them ( the scammers and schemers anyway) would be charging money to create a profile and/or charging for monthly memberships. Perhaps, long drawn out questionnaires and personality quizzes, surveys (like eharmony or something) might help... I mean, even with that, there still isn't a guarantee that's going to keep them off of here. But most likely, if it's the possibility of an individual who isn't taking any of this seriously, they probably would much rather a quick registration, majority wise free, and doesn't involve a lot of questions/ steps/processes to go through.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2018 01:46 PM

I have run into the same thing over & over. They get banned before I can ever read their emails! Sure wish there was a way to screen people better when the sign up.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2018 10:55 AM

When I'm actually using the site to meet people (instead of just using the forums) I always make a note at the end of my profile that says something along the lines of "please include phrase xzy in your subject line if you reach out so I can tell you apart from the spammers, thanks"

Helps to know if the person writing actually read through your profile.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2018 05:21 PM

That's a fact.

I had a person chatting away.

Winks Winks...

Then it occurred I needed to short circuit this fast moving engine with a few

'normal questions'.

"Are you part of church ministry"?

NO

"How often do you go to church"?

When I'm up to it.

"Apart from that do you join in activities do they know you "

NO ANSWER

"What are you looking for"?

ANYTHING

------------

MY ANSWER.

"Any guesses"???

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2018 12:14 PM

I totally agree. If this site required members to wait 24 hours before they can get approved, if this site required members to enter their Facebook ID and REAL NAME and ADDRESS, then a quick online search would reveal who is real and who isn't. This would not be a 100% protection against scammers, but it would be more than nothing. Because right now everybody who wants to create an account can sign up in a matter of seconds. CDFF is scammers' paradise! Lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 May, 2018 12:33 PM

I think, it would be a good idea to tie this website to Facebook. In other words, you would have to be a member on Facebook to sign up.

I moderate a singles group on Facebook, and I have to approve new members. In a majority of cases, it is so easy to tell who is real and who isn't, because Facebook gives you a lot of information about individuals. You can look at their friends, likes, timeline, and everything. Btw here is the group link if anyone is interested. Hehe ;)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/christiansingles2

Page : 1 2