Author Thread: No you cant contact me because your cigarette smoke might get through the computer screen.
Admin

No you cant contact me because your cigarette smoke might get through the computer screen.
Posted : 7 Mar, 2018 09:24 PM

I got a news flash for you. You ready for this? Why block a smoker. Ok I understand to some degree you don't want to put up with someone who smokes. Take it from people who do smoke its a habit some not all would like to drop.

Just because your talking to them online doesn't mean you should prevent them from talking to you. Do you believe someone can change? What makes you holier than thou?

Look what I am trying to say is this. We all have our problems. You may not have the habit of smoking those that have blocked people who smoke or drink but you do have your own problems. What if by chance someone who smell your problem that you tried to keep secret.

Recently my mother which I think its a totally cool lady told me this story and I would like to share it with you. One day a pastor was greeting people after church and a parishioner or a church member for others that recognize that came up to the pastor. Pastor may I talk to you privately. The Pastor looking concerned said well sure you can. They went into another room in the church and sat down. The church member said " Pastor you need to take me off the books? Concerned the Pastor said "Why"? "I am a smoker Pastor and I am afraid that if I sit down with someone they are going to smell my sin on me." The Pastor replied "Son what if sins had different smells to them? The Church member really looking confused at this point said "What do you mean?" The Pastor replied. "Son they can smell your sin on you but what if every sin we had committed had a different smell to them." We would all stink."

Its true what this Pastor said to his Church member. God change those who do the more visible sins just like God change those who don't, but God would never block someone from talking to Him or getting to know Him. I don't think we should either..

I would love your comments and replies on this. I am not at all putting anyone down just trying to share a different prospective.

God Bless.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
No you cant contact me because your cigarette smoke might get through the computer screen.
Posted : 8 Mar, 2018 04:44 AM

I don't think its about being holier than thou, its about not putting yourself in temptations way. I'm an ex smoker who occasionally smoked during times of stress. I wouldn't have gone out and bought cigarettes, but reached for them as they were to hand as my then partner smoked. I haven't smoked for 12 years & want to keep it that way...

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 May, 2018 09:09 PM

I got kids. So smoking is a no go for me. I care about their health. I always view myself as a non-smoker. But I tend to forget that I smoked in my early teen years. Weird thing is that I never really craved cigarettes, though I smoked them half the time. It's the cigars. It's been twenty years since I lit one up, and I still get a craving every so often. Having one now in fact. Grape flavor. So weird.

Yeah, so smoking would be bad for my family due to health reason, and I'd go back down that road for sure.

Regarding your statement about the pastor. I was at a retreat years ago, and they designated a camp fire area for smokers. Some people were debating if it was sin or not. So he said on the stage, "Smoking won't send you to hell. It will just make you smell like you've been there!"

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2018 06:51 PM

To me smoking is not a healthy habit an the body should be care for like a temple for the holy spirit

Corinthians 6:19?

Yes people can change, if that's the case update your bio.

Also my computer has Smell-O-Vision

No just kidding.