Author Thread: So many emails no response!
Admin

So many emails no response!
Posted : 16 Mar, 2018 09:29 AM

Hi guys! Was wondering if some guys are very shy or just sign up on this site to browse. I have emailed a few guys that have sent me winks, or viewed my profile many times, but do not reply back. Wonder what is up with that!

antiochus^

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2018 06:09 PM

Well I get the same thing as well here. I send messages, some read it and just well never respond. Part of life. Many may have different reasons for not responding though

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Mar, 2018 12:02 PM

Do you post to forums often? I just viewed your profile but would not have normally... I think a lot of people don't take online interactions as "real" either (even though they consider themselves to be "real"... it's no way to treat people). Lastly, I have found that I view a lot of profiles, but I just can't fill the shoes they want their spouse to wear. Happened again today. I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe shorten down your profile lists (a lot) and save the long talks for later. Just some unsolicited advice is all.

-Talon

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2018 12:40 PM

Thanks guys! Some have emailed me but live in another state & don't want to come here tom

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2018 12:58 PM

Just work this as one option is all. Shorten your profile to something short and sweet. Set the email alerts, and stay off of here until someone comes along. As far as moving goes it begs the question of "are you [yourself] willing to relocate?" Many people are not willing to make that leap of faith. I did. Didn't pan out. But, I am in a situation where I COULD do that. People WANT to feel free... few are. I wouldn't worry about it all that much. This is just another angle. Maybe lead with your main concerns when replying to that first message. Maybe ask, first, about the main concerns you have had with others (like the issue of relocation). I would save the lengthy social interaction for the forums or one-on-one conversations later down the line. Do you know what TD;LR means? Too long; didn't read. I find MANY people react that way to lengthy profiles, messages, and discussions in general. If you want to talk at length I would recommend a site called Quora. https://quora.com <<< They have a MINIMUM reply length. Lol. Good luck to you. You sound like you are genuinely searching for your next partner. Good for you. And, God bless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Mar, 2018 07:43 PM

My profile is pretty lengthy. Though I haven’t been on the forums yet. Maybe I need to do that.

okiekansas777

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Apr, 2018 03:54 PM

It's the short posts and the email that just says hi or great pictures.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Apr, 2018 02:40 AM

I have no idea why people ignore messages maybe they think responding to a message is akin to a proposal of marriage...:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Apr, 2018 04:38 PM

Ahhhh... I see I am not the only one. Funny, I thought we were all here to find a mate, and yet we ignore each other. Ironic. For the record, I ALWAYS respond to someone, whether or not I'm interested. It is polite and respectful to my sister for having reached out to me. I address this topic in the forums somewhere.

Here are my thoughts on this now...

It is easy to dismiss someone online. The cowardly and the inconsiderate benefit from this.

I also agree with the one gentleman who suggested that some ladies have expectations in the stratosphere. One of my favorites is that their guy must be tall, because when they wear heels, they don't want to feel stupid standing next to him. Yes, this is the state of Christian dating in America today.

I recall a Christian woman I knew who was 5'0" (I'm 5'6"). I was too short for her.

Another issue I've run into here are an unusually high number of women who's preferred age ranges suggest that they prefer the younger man. I'm 53. Some of the women in their late 40s whom I've wanted to contact I am actually too old for! And they say the men only want the pretty young things LOL. Ladies, I'm sorry, but that is going to limit your choices something fierce. Men and women age differently. A harsh reality, but the truth.

Of course if I contact younger women -- which I have -- then I'm a pervert. WTH!! Not good enough for anybody.

Soooo... after 201 women contacted, 109 scamming attempts, only FIVE responses and none of whom am I dating, I am DONE ... much to the relief of women everywhere, I am sure.

I like "hanging out" here, so I remain. But, my profile at this point is a mockery of sorts. The info on it is quite true, but it is not carefully crafted to try to attract a mate. It also changes periodically. Right now it's obscenely detailed and long. All of it is true, but I am not going out of my way to not try the patience of the reader. Other times it has (and will be again) silly and bizarre, with photos following suit.

Neither dating sites nor reality has served me. I have little problem going up to a woman and asking her out, face to face. But, that has failed too.

So, after 9 years of being widowed, literally hundreds of women contacted (reality, chat sites, dating sites), and barely a platonic female friend to show for it all, I think I ought to take the hint.

Best wishes to the rest of you.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Apr, 2018 04:15 PM

Not responding to emails seems to be parr for the course, but to respond to an email with "a wink" well that's a new one on me...

777pyromaniac

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 09:10 PM

I usually respond, unless I'm just really not interested (which is rare). I welcome emails. I want to get to know people, even if not romantically, without having to go out to social encounters (because as an introvert that's torture to me).

Page : 1 2