History
Deal breaker
Posted : 23 Apr, 2018 02:12 PM

What is deal breaker for you?

View Profile
History
Deal breaker
Posted : 25 May, 2018 11:26 AM

Hmmm! Christians! We demand things from others that we don't even have. If your belief is a bit different from the other person, use the word of God to know the right thing, maybe what you know is not all there is.

You can't demand to have a petite woman when you can't even handle your own weight? How about you help each other maintain your nice bodies!

The person you are looking for may not come with your expectations, learn to see people through God's eyes. Look for God's character in the person. They may not be 100% but at least they may have a godly character that keeps them.

Iron sharpens iron, so does a man sharpen another's countenance. Don't dwell too much on unnecessary things. Look for God in the person, the rest will add up.

View Profile
History
Deal breaker
Posted : 29 May, 2018 03:50 PM

not having a photo on here and or no communication skills...

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Deal breaker
Posted : 4 Jun, 2018 02:49 AM

Silviadivine that's so true unrealistic expectations yet again...

here4us

View Profile
History
Deal breaker
Posted : 9 Jun, 2018 07:24 AM

The deals. 1. The covenant. The covenants as given in the devine Scriptures, are all under conditions. By obediance, humans receive blessing while by disobedience, chastening and break of covenant. In human relations, a covenant is always granding from the powerfull to the weaker. That differs from deals.

2. Deal. Is the product of negotiations either among equals or among parties who want to excange something they own with something they would like to get in return.

Marriage is not a deal, but a covenant.

The arguments based on beliefs, should be cleared by the unconditional authority of th Scriptures. If head of the husband is Jesus and head of the spouse her husband, everything is right. If not, the separtion and divorce will come sooner or later.

You, as many women today, are thinking marriage as agreement, which us not under the autority of the Bible. So, better don't search after a real Christian.

bushfire^

View Profile
History
Deal breaker
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 10:24 AM

People who push themselves/their beliefs instead of doing what Christ said - better to be loving and friendly than right. Another is someone who is religious and without testimony who is a church goer but never submitted. God says they honor Him with their lips, but their hearts are far from Him.

Someone who is judgmental instead of having a testimony of Truth. Someone who holds people to Christian ideals instead of loving them. One of the major things about Christianity from Satanism (the Pharisees were the sons of Satan according to Christ) is they bear with one another, while the religious (wolf in sheeps clothing) measures people against ideals then judges (condemns) them on where they fall short. Ravi Zaccharius had this to say about such people. They stand tippy toe on a island with thier head barely out of water of sin and claim to be righteous. Meanwhile the righteous person admits to God how awful he is and without God, will never be able to approach God. Refer to the parable of the Pharisee and Publican. Only one went away justified before God and it wasn't the Pharisee who patted himself on the back for being good because he wasn't evil like the sinner. Who people compares or holds others to standards of perfection? Satanists.

here4us

View Profile
History
Deal breaker
Posted : 18 Jun, 2018 04:26 AM

Love and Judjement were ever attributes of God. Judgement" does net mean that we should avoid critical thinking. I am saying that, because recently i saw a homosexual Partor to defend his homosexuality arguing for love!

Indeed, we have to love all but we also have to hate sin and work righteousness.

bushfire^

View Profile
History
Deal breaker
Posted : 20 Jun, 2018 08:50 AM

Lack fo humbleness. Argues instead of converses. (Does not speak with the conversation, only against it. Cannot discuss a topic from multiple points of view and only sticks to their belief, self-justifying why they believe what they believe instead of taking their thoughts captive and making them obedient to Christ. (2 Cor 10:5))

Someone who reasons as the world and without sanity (2 Tim 1:7) and without empathy (Luke 10:25�37). Many do not speak to the person but at them. That's a turn off for me. Who wants to be married to a rude person who does not listen or consider the other?

Something that I cannot point to a scripture is the person who is obsessed with their cell phone and self-justifies it by saying it's for work or children or.... It is always excuse after excuse and when they answer the phone its an adult child with nothing special going on. Same when they go thru text after text. They are so busy looking down, they don't look up during the date. Who keeps doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results (Pr 26:11)?

here4us

View Profile
History
Deal breaker
Posted : 21 Jun, 2018 01:37 AM

I will not agree to "lack of humbeness". i would rather say "hidden rebellion" to God's commandments. "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. (Rev 14:12). Many Christians think God's Kingdom will be a kind of democtacy where rethoric prevails over the truth. I wonder if the certain lawyer changed his mind.

I got involved in this forum, and introduced a somilar issue (Marriage: Covenant or Deal?), in hope that churches will stop to defend the equality of sexes. And my argumentation is that i am ready to change rolle and duties (as written in 1Cor & Eph).

You refer to technology. The problem is not the technology itself, the problem is the use of the technology.

View Profile
History
Deal breaker
Posted : 27 Jun, 2018 03:09 AM

ha... this started off as a thread on 'deal-breakers', then a sermon crept in, and now there's a theological debate.

Perhaps save that for another thread?

here4us

View Profile
History
Deal breaker
Posted : 27 Jun, 2018 01:14 PM

There is a difference be

Page : 1 2 3 4