Author Thread: TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS
Admin

TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 08:34 AM

Truth is I waited too long. I began dating at age 30, and now at 36, almost 37, I am getting a bit impatient. I have had only one relationship in my life, which started out really nice but ended because we had different beliefs. She was Baptist, and I am Charismatic. She criticized and made fun of my favorite preachers and people I look up to, and I felt very bad about that. So, I broke up with her.

It is so hard to find the RIGHT person. I am looking for someone slightly younger, slightly shorter, never married, in the USA, someone who loves President Trump, and is a spirit filled believer. I would like to marry someone that I am not afraid to marry. That means someone who is not irresponsible or rude or gossiping or doesn't know how to behave or has no control over her tongue.

And everytime I list my requirements, women tell me that I shouldn't be looking for the PERFECT WOMAN, because she doesn't exist. No one is perfect. I don't think that I demand perfection, because I could say things like "I want someone who has a house and a successful business and a masters degree and speaks 3 languages and has blond hair and blue eyes and has rich parents." And honestly, I require none of that. So, I don't feel like I am looking for the perfect person. I feel like I am just looking for an average person who is like me.

I have sent maybe about 100 messages to women in the past 5 years. Most of my messages were never read. A couple of them replied saying that we're probably not a match. And a tiny few started a conversation with me, but I quickly realized that they were not what I was looking for, not even close! So, I am a bit discouraged.

I have thought about making a challenge. And I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW YOUR OPINION OR REACTION TO THIS: (I am not shouting. I am using uppercase to draw your attention to the most important sentence in this message.) What would you think if I offered to give 10,000 US dollars to anyone who finds my future wife and sets up a date for us. Rule #1: You don't have to do anything just introduce us to each other. That's all. Rule #2: You only get paid one year after our wedding. I am pretty good at seeing through people and telling what their true intentions are, so I am not scared that someone is going to scam me or trick. So far I have always been able to tell when someone was fake, and I am very good at reading people. I listen to my gut. And even if I was wrong, I will pray to God and will not marry anyone if HE says "No." So, I feel safe. He guides my steps and He talks to me.

But I want to know what would people think. WHAT DO YOU THINK when you hear that I would make such an offer? Ten thousand dollars is approximately 1/7th of my net worth. So, I am not giving up everything, but it is a considerable amount. And you don't hear people do something like this everyday.

The reason I am thinking about doing this is because I consider what will happen to me when I am old. Let's say I am retired. I have all the wealth I wanted. I have everything except a wife. I have no children. No parents, because let's face it...our parents die eventually. And people usually outlive their parents. So, there will come a day when I am sitting in my living room all alone. I'll be rich and lonely. I don't want that! At that point, it is too late to get married. I want to do it now, while I can. So, I am willing to give up a lot. But I am not sure if this may make me sound too desperate to the point where instead of making it easier to find someone, it actually makes people think I am weird and suspicious. Why would someone give 10,000 dollars to find a wife? Does it sound weird to you or sweet or pathetic or what? I don't know. Tell me what you think.

Brandyccc

View Profile
History
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 10:35 AM

You're thinking outside the box,,and you're different,,,that's OK,,,we're all "different." Go for it!

View Profile
History
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 05:45 PM

That is an intriguing idea, and one I have not heard before. There are match makers who will do this, but of course they won't wait for their money. There are also higher-end dating web sites that vet people before they can post profiles. With all the people in this country, you would probably find someone who would take this deal. Have you prayed about it?

View Profile
History
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 08:47 PM

Yes, I am praying about it...and have been praying too. I don't really care about matchmaker services, because I think their ONLY concern is to make money for themselves. They don't care whether I succeed at getting married or not. They just want the money. Even if they find no one for me, they'll take the money with a no-refund policy and say goodbye. EHarmony and all the others are likewise similar. They don't really seek my interest. They only look out for their own interest. That's how they are designed at the core. And my plan is, if I am going to do this, I want to take this offer to Charismatic Christian pastors in my local area, so they would pass out the information in their churches. So, if I do this, you'll probably not hear about it. I don't want to advertise this nationally. I just want to spread the information to certain churches where there's a high probability that I'll find someone I like.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
History
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 10:45 PM

"But I am not sure if this may make me sound too desperate to the point where instead of making it easier to find someone, it actually makes people think I am weird and suspicious."

This ^

CTorres3449

View Profile
History
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS
Posted : 1 May, 2018 06:16 AM

My thoughts...what I have discovered about finding a lifetime partner is this...the characteristics I may want and desire in a man may not be what God wants for me. I believe that marriage is for life...Till death us part. Boy, I have a rude awakening with divorce. After 30 years as a single mother focusing on the well being of my children, I have learned that the limited knowledge I have of my future is in no comparison to the perfect design of my creator. I truly believe that God has the perfect wife for you. Don't let your impatience force you to settle for anything less than what God has for you. Take time to meet women without expectation and enjoy the company and conversation. Remember, you will never meet your future wife until you put yourself out there. Your idea is a great story to tell the children of how you met, but from a women's point of view, the idea devalues the relationship of the woman as if a wife can be bought instead of pursued. Save your money and treat your bride to a fantastic honeymoon or missions trip. I'll be praying for you.

View Profile
History
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS
Posted : 1 May, 2018 07:41 AM

thank you

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS
Posted : 2 May, 2018 02:15 AM

zsoltx, interesting post. I've known you to be matured in your perception about life & ability to grasp & reason by reading your replies & posts to the forums. Although you may find that time is quickly sneaking up on you, I think you are still young enough to actually go through the normal process of finding a good Christian woman. However, you may want to relax your requirements & let God does His match making. As for me, I never pray for a specific person... There are godly characters I prefer & I surrender those to God. In the end, I fully trust Him because He knows better. But I am a woman... I am the one being pursued. You are a man, the one who is suppose to pursue. I am just thinking, your strict list might be jeopardizing your chances of actually pursuing "the one." Reviewing your list with a trusted friend, after prayerfully praying for God's guidance might be the logical first step. God bless you and may He grant the desire of your heart.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS
Posted : 3 May, 2018 03:22 AM

I just wonder how the woman on the receiving end of this referral would feel. I know that if it was me I would be far from impressed and it probably be end of any possible friendship/relationship.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS
Posted : 3 May, 2018 03:24 AM

* be the end of *

View Profile
History
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS
Posted : 3 May, 2018 07:05 PM

"I just wonder how the woman on the receiving end of this referral would feel. I know that if it was me I would be far from impressed and it probably be end of any possible friendship/relationship."

Why? When I thought of this, I was imagining just the opposite. If I was a girl, I would be moved by the generosity and selflessness of this offer. Most people who go on a first date are worried about who is going to foot the bill on a first date, and here am I offering up so much. And your thought is that you are not impressed? Why? I don't understand. I am probably willing to give up more than most people, because it is important to me.

Page : 1 2