Author Thread: Single Dad. It's not easy.
777pyromaniac

View Profile
History
Single Dad. It's not easy.
Posted : 30 Apr, 2018 09:15 PM

Nothing but respect for single moms. That said, I know I'm not the only single dad on here, and that comes with a different set of challenges, especially if you don't have sons. I love my daughter, I just usually have no clue what I'm doing.

livinglife32

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 May, 2018 08:15 PM

Be encouraged

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 May, 2018 08:51 PM

I got 4 boys. Always wanted a daughter. God has always shown me to remain sensitive to his voice and leading in parenting. Truth is that When I don’t know what I’m doing, Jesus knows what he’s doing and I can think of no one greater that I would rather have raise my kids than God. Apply His love toward her and try to figure out her heart. Don’t try to figure out her thought process. That gets to be difficult when their teenagers. Figure out her heart and how to touch it And connect with her in the deepest possible way that a father can. Do everything you can do to turn her heart back to the Lord. Because the more like Jesus she becomes the easier she’ll be raise and connect with. At least that’s my experience with my boys. I wish you the very best my friend. And yes there are other single dads out there.

Mavie2018

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 May, 2018 12:44 PM

It may not be easy but I bet you are doing the best you can. God knows you are doing your best. He will surely send you a helpmate at the right time.

I have a friend who are raising two beautiful young ladies on his own. He is doing a marvelous job with the help God sends him wherever he is getting frustrated. Be patient, spend time with her, life will get easier for both of you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 May, 2018 08:18 PM

Single dad's that take care of the kids I give them koodos, since hard work and decation, which my ex did or does not have

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2018 11:21 AM

I respect your dedication in a world where so many dad's take the easy route!

Girls want to be listened to, not fixed. Same goes for women. They like to feel wanted, cared for, protected. But not too much. I think if you are honest with her about her helping you to understand her needs, that will go far in the love and respect category. She will love and respect you for your vulnerability which is something men hide at all costs. Use your best judgement and pray constantly for guidance!! The worst thing is to act like you know everything, to yell at her or be overly critical! I never had a dad, but if I did, I would want what I just layed out and most especially, a praying dad who loves the Lord and God's Holy Word.

Best to you and your little girl.

rtaylor10

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jun, 2018 09:28 AM

Be encouraged Dad. I have a daughter and I have 'clueless' moments too. But I try to keep her involved in youth (now its teen) ministry. The youth pastors speak their language and are great with introducing hot topics that we can talk about over breakfast or dinner.

Everything isn't gonna be bible but a whole lot of it is. Sending prayers and encouragement hugs to you.