Author Thread: what's make you stop communicating?
Admin

what's make you stop communicating?
Posted : 12 May, 2018 01:36 AM

some man will send you a message saying : hope we can talk more and possibly be friends? and after you reply they will just seen zone your message. so weird..

I am wondering why man stop communicating.

Prewett

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jun, 2018 02:45 PM

I stop communicating when the woman immrdiately wants to go offline and use Hangouts/WhatsApp/KIK/Etc., or if she asked for money/phone/tablet/iTunes ard/Amazon card/whatever, or if she uses words like "cos" or "coz", or if her Profile says her location is in the United States, but after chatting more, she reveals that she's in Nigeria/Ghana/West Africa/UK for what ever reason. I could keep going.....lol.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2018 02:58 AM

Hi everyone can I join in?

What makes me stop communication is just like any other conversations off site.

Some people are interesting with shared interests, or a person who is complete opposite, admirable, funny/quirky, deep thinkers, others are rude, ignorant, ground hog repetitively the same.

After all, my true intentions are to be connected to 1 person who is seeking frienship leading to marriage. (That is what God has laid on my heart.) But that might not be what others are seeking through Christ.

In my opinion we all know what we prefer, something inside each of us; which is our own personal instinct or discernment. Which just says, No, Yes, leave that person alone for a while.

Some people don't fit into our spheres either.

There might be some conversations you have and you realise.

" We don't really have meaningful or constructive conversations. Or they never get or understand what I've just expressed to them"🤔🤔🤔

Even when we were not Christians.

We found ways to take flight. I think the only basic thing that should have change now we are Christians is how we take flight (although this not to say we MUST at times FLEE CERTAIN situations) or communicate, because now we have the Holy Spirit at work within us...

Bronzetulip

Peanutbutterpie

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jun, 2018 12:21 AM

Oh my the list goes on. Not to sound rude but maybe because I am not interested? So I kind of fall out of a conversation because of lack of common interests or just not connecting. I mean we aren't obligated to keep conversations with anyone just because you are a Christian, we all are different individuals with our own likes, dislikes, personalities, attractions, interests, etc,.

Mainly my reasons would be:

1) Terrible communication skills when writing messages. One word answers and short sentences aren't going to spark my interest whatsoever. Especially if I put a lot of time and effort responding to a topic.

2) Trying to get my phone number or wanting to communicate on another social media platform facebook, whatsapp, etc after one or two messages....I don't have time for all that...make an effort on this one first...

3) Trying to use terms of endearment in messages like baby or honey or sweetie.. no thanks....or moving too fast and not establishing a basic friendship first.

4) Talking at me with Bible verses. I love reading scripture but don't preach to me with Bible verses if I am just trying to have a relaxed casual conversation.....

5) Promoting or selling your website, blogs, products, businesses, etc...instant reasons for me to stop communicating altogether...

bushfire^

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 10:11 AM

The conversation has gotten off track with people explaining why they break conversation after some period of exchange. To the OP, it is weird for someone to send a message and then not respond to your reply. Apparently, it happens to all of us. Don't spend time focused on it as none of us on here apparently have done it so cannot give you insight. Drop it from your mind and enjoy your time with God. Man is sin-filled and does all sorts of goofy, crazy stuff.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2018 11:42 PM

There is also the issue of this being the freakin' internet. It is all too easy to make flippant "connections" and blow someone off when you grow bored or flakily change your mind.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jul, 2018 02:43 AM

I struggle to keep communications going beyond a certain point; sure there's lots of questions and stuff to discuss at the outset but gradually after those are exhausted all that's left is the minutiae of everyday life. Hardly something exciting to discuss, unless you're one of those that posts everything you do on Facebook like some kind of online diary!

For me, a few back and forth conversations to see if there's any major setbacks, and then get on with meeting up in person from there on. You'll learn far more about them than just from text responses and you'll have something to talk about. Also you'll be able to tell if they drive you crazy in good way or bad...

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2018 08:10 AM

I appreciate all your response. blessings

Page : 1 2