Author Thread: Why do "churches" think so differently?
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Why do "churches" think so differently?
Posted : 14 May, 2018 02:07 PM

Here are several reasons that may explain differences of belief.

1. Recent polling suggests that very few "Christians" bother to read the Bible! Obviously this reason explains itself.

2. Some who actually read, fail to understand.

3. Some who read but don't understand, think they understand and confidently pass along false information to others, and these others pass on false information to more people. Thus, we soon have a false church based on the ignorant teaching of a single ignorant individual. Multiply this out several times, its easy to understand the prevalence of false belief.

4. Another reason explaining differences of belief among believers is the fact large numbers of believers never learn to think critically or to think wisely. They don't know how to fact check. Throughout the book of Proverbs, the writer provides guidelines instructing simple minded people. The writer encourages simple minded people so they can become wise. There's an example of thinking wisely or critically from the New Testament. Here, Paul the Apostle, commends the Bereans because they searched the Old Testament Scritures to see if what Paul taught them was true.

5. Another reason "believers" think differently is the love of sin. Jesus says the love of sin darkens an individual's mind. The mind and understanding become darkened because the acceptance of sin requires the acquisition of twisted thinking that attempts to excuse sin. Obviously this kind of twisted thinking when applied to the interpretation of scripture yields nonsense.

6. Another reason. Too many preachers and their followers are ignorant of the rules of literary interpretation. They're ignorant of the grammar used by the original languages of the Bible. They're ignorant of the historical significance of those languages and word meanings at the time written.

Hope this short introductory helps

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 May, 2018 05:07 PM

Hi David,

May I in love say this, THE 'church' does not exist in the Word of GOD Almighty,THE BODY of Messiah exists.

The church was brought into existence as Ha Satan deceived people into starting an ORGANIZATION that cannot be found within the Word of GOD Almighty.

This organization has as its head,THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT,using the

501 C3 TAX EXEMPT STATUS, to regulate and to govern the affairs of the business called the 'church'.

When the 'church' people meet togther, they do not meet acording to the Word of GOD Almighty ( 1 Corinthians chapters 11 -14 , with the ELDERS overseeing the meeting), instead each meets according to their 'church' doctrines, not the Doctrines in the Word OF GOD Almighty.

The people GO TO 'CHURCH' instead of coming to Messiah Matthew 11 verses 25 - 30. Instead of coming together to study the Word of GOD Almighty, and to look into the life of Messiah, the people are being entertained and lied to each time they meet together.

Instead of making LEARNERS of Messiah, the people are learning how to have pretzel sales along with cake sales, car washes and a host of FAITHLESS endeavors to raise money for events that are not of GOD Almighty. If those events were FROM GOD Almighty, would He not provide what was needed.

The people come with nothing to share from the WORD of GOD Almighty because,the clown called pastor has STOLEN the BIBLICAL authority of the people for himself, thus making him and his message more important then the Word of GOD Almighty.

Where the SPIRIT of THE LORD is there is LIBERTY, this is a true statement, BUT where is the liberty in the 'church' meeting to speak,or to sing out a song.The only people are the 'worship' band with its EARTHLY leaders, that steal the BIBLICAL authority of the people ( 1 Corinthians 14 verses 23 - 31)

I do not stand against the people, as they are ignorant sheep just following orders without question; I stand against the organization called 'church' which usurps the authority of Messiah, the Holy Spirit and the Word of GOD Almighty.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 May, 2018 05:40 PM

Gracenotworkssaves, you're welcome to weigh in any time. I placed the word "church" in quotes because of its questionable context i placed it in my post. But I've been wanting to review the sites you've listed but I haven't had opportunity. Once I do that, I'll may have some questions. I want to get up to speed on your position. Hope I can get on to that this week or next. If there's anything else you want to sent me that might help, you're welcome to sent it to me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 May, 2018 06:49 PM

Hi David, thanks for reading what I post. Most people will never understand who Messiah is, or what He is like; nor will they understand who they are in Messiah and the authority He has given to them.

I see the Holy Spirit is leading you to know the truth, that is what Messiah said He would do.

You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free John 8 verses 31-32

John 16 verses 13-15

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2018 07:30 AM

An addendum to GNWS's comment...

How is it that the world and God do not mix (oil/water), yet the world gives tax exempt status to institutions of God?

"Eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth."

Hence, churches are not institutions of God.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of heat for this comment, but it's my understanding of 'reality'.

Another of my understandings is that Christians were persecuted and killed for their beliefs, how is it congregations are not in jail or murdered today? Is it because we live in a Godly country (U.S.A. Inc.)?

John 15:19 If you were of the world, it would love you as its own. Instead, the world hates you, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.

John 15:18 If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2018 01:42 PM

**THE PERVERTED VIEW OF ETERNAL SECURITY BY CHARLES STANLEY AND MANY SOUTHERN BAPTISTS AND MANY EVANGELICALS:

Charles Stanley's idea of eternal security is twisted (2 Peter 3:16), and turns the "grace of our God into lewdness" (Jude 4). In Stanley's book, Handbook for Christian Living (copyright 1996, Thomas Nelson Publishers, Nashville) Stanley writes,

"Faith is simply the way we say yes to God's free gift of eternal life. Faith and salvation are not one and the same any more than a gift and the hand that receives it are the same. Salvation stands independently of faith." (p. 174}

It is a lie to say, "Salvation stands independently of faith." Salvation and faith go hand in hand, as Ephesians 2:8 illustrates, For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God."

Stanley continues,

"Consequently, God does not require a constant attitude of faith in order to be saved - only an act of faith in Christ."

"You and I are not saved because we have enduring faith. We are saved because at a moment in time we expressed faith in our Lord." (p. 174}

In another place Stanley writes,

"Even if a believer for all practical purposes becomes an unbeliever, his salvation is not in jeopardy."?? (Eternal Security, chapter 10, p. 93, copyright 1990, Thomas Nelson Publishers)

Contrary to this, Jesus said, "He who endures to the end shall be saved." Also, Revelation 21:8 says, "the unbelieving . . . shall have their part in the lake of fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Note also 1 Corinthians 15:1-2.

I Corinthians 15:1,2: Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you-unless you believed in vain.

If someone believes at some "moment in time" but they do not "hold fast that word," they "believed in vain." This is the exact opposite of Mr. Stanley's teaching. Stanley opposes the Word of God, and by this, he turns the grace of God into lewdness.

Ephesians says, "you have been saved by grace through faith" (Ephesians 2:8). If there is no faith, there is no grace, and thus no salvation (Revelation 21:8). Yet Stanley says,

"And last, believers who lose or abandon their faith will retain their salvation, for God remains faithful." (Eternal Security, p. 94)

Indeed, God remains faithful. He remains faithful to His word.

This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, we shall also live with Him. If we endure, we shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us. If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself. (2 Timothy 2:11-13)

Romans 11:22 warns: Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

Also found in Stanley's Eternal Security is this statement:

"It is not lying, cheating, stealing, raping, murdering, or being unfaithful that sends people to hell. It is rejecting Christ, refusing to put their trust in Him for the forgiveness of sin." (p. 70)

The truth is, it is all of the above and more that sends people to hell.

Ephesians 5:5,6: For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. (see also Galatians 6:7-8; Revelation 20:11-15; 21:8)

Also in Stanley's perverted view of eternal security he teaches that you can "fall from grace" and believe a false gospel and still be saved, on your way to heaven!

In the above quote Stanley teaches you can be estranged from Christ, and yet enter His kingdom. If this is so, who needs Jesus? According to Stanley, you can accept Him "at a moment in time" (Handbook for Christian Living, p. 174), and then throw Him away like a used rag (be "an unbelieving Christian")! You can fall for a false gospel, fall from His grace, be estranged from Him, and yet still enter His kingdom (Handbook for Christian Living, p. 175). This is lewdness!

Even though Stanley recognizes "A disciple is a follower of Christ." (Handbook for Christian Living, p. 461), he nevertherless teaches,

"Discipleship has nothing to do with whether you will go to heaven or not."?? (Handbook for Christian Living, p. 460-461)

"And, It is possible to be a child of God and never a disciple of Christ. We can live the Christian life with the assurance of heaven as our ultimate destiny but miss the process of maturing as a disciple."??(ibid., p. 461)

Scripture nowhere teaches this. On the contrary, Jesus said, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me" (John 10:27). If you don't follow Christ (i.e. discipleship), you are not one of His sheep, and you do not have eternal life. It is His sheep to whom eternal life is given (John 10:28).

Stanley promotes self-love.

But there is more. Not only am I to love God, but I am to love myself. "You shall love your neighbor as yourself" (Mark 12:31). Some say, "That sounds haughty and egotistical." The world has corrupted this self-love into the motto, "You gotta look out for number one." The Bible does not teach that. The Bible teaches a healthy love for ourselves because we are His workmanship and worth loving. (Handbook for Christian Living, p. 381)

Mark 12:31 is not a command to love yourself. It is a command to love your neighbor. People naturally love themselves (Ephesians 5:29). It is their neighbor that they find difficult to love (Titus 3:3; Romans 1:31; 2 Timothy 3:3). 2 Timothy 3:2 makes it clear that self-love is not a virtue.

2 Timothy 3:2: But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves!

In Stanley's book, Handbook for Christian Living, Stanley records a time in which he spoke to "a group of ministers."

I was speaking to a group of ministers, and I asked them how many of them wanted to know God like the apostle Paul did. Each pastor raised his hand. I then asked how many were willing to go through stonings, beatings, shipwreck, prison, being left for dead, and many other persecutions that the apostle experienced. No one raised his hand. (p. 185)

Since Stanley believes you can be an "unbelieving Christian" (Eternal Security, p. 94), instead of exposing these men as false (Ephesians 5:11), Stanley writes,

"I understand the hesitancy. No one enjoys pain and hurt. But we prove His immeasurable grace in the middle of terrific heartache."

Paul was consumed with the gospel of grace. He was willing to die for it.

Paul was not only willing to die for the gospel, but he longed to know "the fellowship of His sufferings" (Philippians 1:20; 3:10), and He did know the fellowship of His sufferings (2 Corinthians 6:8-10; 11:23-29). Why? Because he was a true man of God. This "group of ministers" are false teachers unwilling to "endure hardship" (2 Timothy 2:3). In fact, note the wording in 2 Timothy 2:3: "You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ." Hardship must be endured, as Paul and Barnabas said in Acts 14:22, "We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God."

The following Words of God can not be found in Charles Stanley's Bible!!

Revelation 17:14: They will make war against the **LAMB** but the **LAMB** will overcome them because He is **LORD** of lords and **KING** of kings and with Him will be His **CALLED** **CHOSEN** and ***FAITHFUL*** followers! {Riding on heavenly white horses right after the Marriage Feast of the **LAMB** as per Rev 19:7-21}

Whereas, Charles Stanley states you do not have to be **FAITHFUL FOLLOWERS**!

Matthew 13:20-23: Jesus says, "The seed falling on the rocky ground refers to someone who hears the Word and at once receives it with joy. But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the Word, they quickly fall away. The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the Word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the Word, making in unfruitful. But the seed falling on good soil refers to someone who hears the Word and **UNDERSTANDS IT**. This is the one who produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown!!"

Whereas, Charles Stanley believes that everyone, mentioned above in Matthew 13:20-23, will inherit eternal life???

I John 2:19: They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For is they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us!!, but their going showed that **NONE OF THEM BELONGED TO US**!!

Matthew 7:21-23: Jesus says, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven but only those who do the **WILL OF MY FATHER** who is in heaven! Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?" Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from Me, you evildoers!"

Matthew 24:9-13: Then {During the Great Tribulation} you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of Me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but those who **STAND FIRM TO THE END WILL BE SAVED**!" {The **CALLED** **CHOSEN** and **FAITHFUL FOLLOWERS** of Revelation 17:14 above!!}

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2018 09:16 PM

2 John 9-11: Anyone who runs ahead and **DOES NOT CONTINUE** in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teachinghas both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. Anyone who welcomes them **SHARES IN THEIR WICKED WORK**!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2018 07:49 PM

Prophetic 7744, well said this time. I read both of your posts twice and I believe they agree with scripture. A person cannot permanently turn away from Christ and still be considered saved. "Self-love" is a lie not taught in scripture and those teaching it are seriously in error.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 May, 2018 04:55 PM

Regarding "gracenotworkssaves" comments: Where are the spiritual heirs of John Bunyan, the author of "pilgrim's progress?" He went to jail, at the every least, because he refused to get a license to preach. He spent some 12 years in jail. This fits in with what "manomynous" said as well. Christians in the name of the "church" have signed their life away by registering with the state, much like esau giving up his blessing for a meal. Did they do it so they could get that tax exempt status?

Bunyan also got in trouble, at least in writing, with fellow Christians. He did believe in water baptism. but bunyan essentially said that his congregation would accept anyone, baptized or not, who professed faith in Christ and whose life showed fruit. in the last few years this issue has come up in certain churches and some have

mentioned bunyan's position. He spent time in jail with some fellow prisoners who were "Friends" or "Quakers." They didn't believe in the practice of water baptism at all. I think his life would make an interesting film or documentary.

SeekingGodsBest74

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2018 02:19 AM

Great topic!

There are over 500 different denominations of Christian now, as there are over 500 different official interpretations of scripture and various versions of scripture. When it's truth it's not confusing, conflicting, or squabbling over the real name or pronunciation of our Lord's name or a simple pronoun between versions of scripture. Have to watch out for idolatry of the mind, it's both prevalent as well as well hidden to deceive using Christ's name.

Even the bible says to be of like mind. A house divided can not stand, neither will a mind which is divided or a "body" which is divided.

Be selfless, be sacrificial and put another's needs before your own, be an example of the gentle, loving nature of Jesus Christ instead of ANYTHING else. Forgive quickly, have the patience of a large, old boulder which time has forgotten, give up what you perceive to be treasure to help another see the light of perfect love which shines through you. Leading by example - it's a world of difference compared to having shady indoctrination browbeat into you (which you might have paid for) to repeat over as a parrot would.

Jesus made the message so simple, clear, and easy - be selfless to another regardless if they're a thief or even someone you don't care for. Men - well they just complicate it all into oblivion and the God I know is not the author of confusion.

Blessings to all!!