Author Thread: Did Jesus make mistakes?
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Did Jesus make mistakes?
Posted : 22 May, 2018 05:10 AM

Preacher Mark Driscoll thinks he did! But Mark can't give historical reasons to back his accusations on Jesus. When I first heard Mark's outrageously defenseless opinion, I was annoyed! I considered Marks opinion an affront to Jesus' perfection! But l'm even more surprised by the many believers who seem to agree. I've actually heard believers in Jesus claim the following: "Jesus didn't know the mustard seed was not really the smallest of all seeds", "Jesus must have forgotten things", "he must have accidentally hammered his thumb and tripped on things", "he must have confused information", "he probably didn't know he was the messiah until someone told him", he made mistakes like giving people wrong directions"--and the list goes on!! Why do people believe this stuff?!!? Well, they say, Jesus was human after all and to err is human!! Can anyone else see the false logic here?!!?? Are we to conclude that Jesus made mistakes based on the simple assumption that sinful humans make mistakes!!??

View Profile
History
Did Jesus make mistakes?
Posted : 25 May, 2018 10:41 AM

Jesus is the embodiment of wisdom and knowledge, he is the beginning and the end, he is the exact reflection of God, God doesn't make mistakes, Jesus being the exact copy of the father couldn't make mistakes because he said "I do what I see my father do" he said " I and my father are one" if Jesus made mistakes then God made mistakes and we know it's not possible.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Did Jesus make mistakes?
Posted : 25 May, 2018 10:58 PM

AMEN!!! Some of my fellow believers insist that because Jesus "grew in wisdom" he must have made mistakes in order to "grow in wisdom". Once again, they base this assumption on the fact sinful humans make mistakes as they learn, therefore, Jesus made mistakes as he learned since he was human. If this is true, Jesus and all of us will be making mistakes throughout eternity, because after all, we'll be human and humans MUST make mistakes. The "Jesus made mistakes" silliness is advancing to other levels. Like I mentioned, some ignorant educators think Jesus made a mistake calling the mustard seed the smallest of seeds. But the context, in which Jesus was speaking, concerned seeds that are planted and particularly a smallest of seeds that grows large enough for birds to perch on. Other ignorant seminary trained people,(not all seminary folk are so willingly ignorant), think Jesus was wrong when he referred to the writings of Moses. Of course, all "educated folk" know that Moses didn't write all that in spite of the fact Jesus says he did, so Jesus must be wrong again, they insist! But it seems Jesus knows more about the authorship of books he inspired others to write. I believe Jesus presents a more compelling case!!!

John_88

View Profile
History
Did Jesus make mistakes?
Posted : 31 May, 2018 03:39 PM

if your faith is as small as mustard seed........

even if mustard seed is not the smallest, it can be used for illustration. Jesus is perfect