Author Thread: Love and long distance
Admin

Love and long distance
Posted : 12 Jun, 2018 02:46 PM

Is it possible to truly love someone distance of miles from you without second guessing if that person is actually true to you or playing you?:

View Profile
History
Love and long distance
Posted : 12 Jun, 2018 05:37 PM

Just going on my own personal experience: No. I have to see someone, to spend face-to-face time with them, in order to establish a relationship and know if we are really right for each other. So the next question is: what is long distance? 1 hour? 4 hours? Different state? Different Country? Again just speaking for myself, if you are in a different state that is too long a distance for me.

bushfire^

View Profile
History
Love and long distance
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 09:52 AM

Possibly but not probably. It has happened, but rarely. You really need to spend time with a person to see who they are in how they handle life and how you interact with them.

View Profile
History
Love and long distance
Posted : 16 Jun, 2018 02:41 PM

I would say its possible, cause I've known wonderful couple who share long lasting relationship both on and off. Whether by miles or foreign but as you might say its not for everyone. Trust very hard to build and jealousy take over our assuming at times. So its totally up to the two individuals involve..

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Love and long distance
Posted : 19 Jun, 2018 03:35 AM

I'm sure it's possible and going by the testimonials it works for some but it's not something I would be interested in doing.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Love and long distance
Posted : 19 Jun, 2018 03:35 AM

I'm sure it's possible and going by the testimonials it works for some but it's not something I would be interested in doing.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Love and long distance
Posted : 19 Jun, 2018 03:44 AM

* wouldn't be *

bushfire^

View Profile
History
Love and long distance
Posted : 19 Jun, 2018 04:55 PM

Jealousy takes over? explain.

View Profile
History
Love and long distance
Posted : 26 Jun, 2018 03:22 AM

Jealousy is cause by assuming. Lack of trust. When we cant see, touch and be with that special one our mind if not control with positive thoughts can lead ud into negative delusional thinking. Eg. Calling that one maybe late at night. that person might be sleeping but then in our mind, the thought of maybe they are without else , that's why they not answering. maybe they might be out partying etc. In a long distance relationship it take two strong open minded individuals who can trust deeply.

bushfire^

View Profile
History
Love and long distance
Posted : 26 Jun, 2018 05:07 AM

Biblically speaking, God says it is wrong or a sin for us to be jealous. The Bible also states God is jealous for us. Here's my takeaway.

Human jealousy is based on 'self', what psychologists call narcissism. The person is upset they're not #1 in another's life. The act that brings it to life can be real or imaginary. Jealousy is always there in a person even before they're in a relationship. In their mind they believe others are untrustworthy and must constantly prove themselves trustworthy. Meanwhile, the Bible says not to place trust in man, which speaks against the person constantly looking for others to prove themselves by being trustworthy. Such behavior indicates the holder of jealousy sees themselves as better than their neighbor, thus raised above others in a god-like manner. Deep down they think they are made of finer clay than their neighbor. THeir totem view of the universe is others at the bottom, then themselves a notch up, then God. One thing never enters their mind is that they're wrong in their worldview, which is where jealousy stems from. It sounds a lot like judgmentalism don't it? They deem others unworthy even though no act has been committed.

God's jealousy is the exact opposite. He's not in a rage of emotional jealousy. He is jealous FOR us. Human jealousy is against us/others. God wants the best for us. Us running off to bow before false gods is neither good nor Holy nor truthfful. In Proverbs, "There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end leads to death." God doesn't want us running to death, but sent Christ to give us Abundant Life. A person in Abundant Life doesn't have time for petty jealousy, they're too busy loving God and their neighbor. Jealousy is not a fruit of the spirit, thus loving people are their own guard that keeps jealousy from creeping in. You can't wish the best for someone and be jealous of them. As Christ said, Do fresh and salt water come from the same well?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Love and long distance
Posted : 20 Jul, 2018 07:05 PM

Long distance rarely works for a serious relationship, you have to be close to spend time together. Get to know one another. I've met men in person from other States only to find out I didn't have romantic love for most. One I did , however, someone would have to move and it wasn't going to be me. At that time I was working and not ready to retire.

Page : 1 2