Author Thread: Marriage: Covenant or Deal?
here4us

View Profile
History
Marriage: Covenant or Deal?
Posted : 13 Jun, 2018 08:19 AM

Considerimg ing at the high rates of divorces among Christians and the different aspects of the ccdf members, i would like to start with with above essential question under the light of the Scriptures.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Jun, 2018 07:00 AM

Both... But I don't think that this has anything to do with the high number of divorces amongst christians. In my opinion there are far too many people professing christianity but living lives guided by everything and anything other than God's word.

here4us

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jun, 2018 02:14 AM

I acknowledge that your view satisfies the vast majority of 'Christians' today, but the concepts of covenant and deal involve significant differences.

Through both, Scriptures and World, the covenant describes a special offer to the benefit of the weak, under conditions, independent of his will, On the other hand, a deal (after bargaining), comes an agreement on terms among equivalent parties

The Christian marriage certainly needs a consent between two, but the relationship is predetermined with divine revelation. Even by dissolution, the marrriage continues to exist, except the dissolution was under Lords's law.