Author Thread: Biblical Flat Earth
HiddenMountain

View Profile
History
Biblical Flat Earth
Posted : 17 Jun, 2018 12:15 PM

yep... just want to see if anyone here has checked into this. I do not want to debate the topic, plenty of that on Youtube and twitter.. nor do I want to defend it. Both have been one over and over so no point in wasting time inventing the wheel. please only post if you have already researched it on the internet.

View Profile
History
Biblical Flat Earth
Posted : 17 Jun, 2018 12:42 PM

Hello,

You did not leave the information you want us to look at, maybe Scripture, web site, talking donkey,hehe.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Biblical Flat Earth
Posted : 17 Jun, 2018 03:08 PM

If it helps any, isnt the Flat Earth Society boasting membership all around the globe? Sorry, just a little light hearted humor to get the discussion moving.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Biblical Flat Earth
Posted : 18 Jun, 2018 01:56 PM

All humor aside, yes, I've checked out flat earth theory on the internet. As for "biblical" flat earth, I've read the Bible through several times and find nothing that even hints it. However, some atheist sites quote scripture that they insist proves the Bible teaches flat earth and I found this of particular interest--flat earthers agree with atheists. But there's no historical precedent indicating these verses ever referred to flat earth geology. So, the false assumption must be artificially **read** into these verses. By reading into the text, atheists and flat earthers commit the fallacy of eisegesis (reading into text). You said you don't want to debate or defend flat earthism and it seems your fellow devotees on the internet can't debate or defend it either, so you're not alone. It would seem that the flat earth belief is something one chooses to believe despite evidence to the contrary. As for "biblical" flat earth belief, in all respect, perhaps it is non-existent like biblical bhuddism

View Profile
History
Biblical Flat Earth
Posted : 18 Jun, 2018 03:36 PM

Isaiah 40:21,22: Have you not understood since the earth was founded? **HE** sits enthroned above the **CIRCLE** OF THE EARTH**!!

There are no **FLAT EARTH** Scriptures!!

View Profile
History
Biblical Flat Earth
Posted : 18 Jun, 2018 04:04 PM

**DEFINTION OF HORIZON**

{1} The line or circle that forms the apparent boundary between earth and sky.

{2} Astronomy:

{a} The small circle of the celestial sphere whose plane is tangent to the earth at the position of a given observer, or the plane of such a circle (sensible horizon).

{b} Also called rational horizon. The great circle of the celestial sphere whose plane passes through the center of the earth and is parallel to the sensible horizon of a given position, or the plane of such a circle (celestial horizon).

Job 26:10: **HE** marks out the **HORIZON** on the face of the waters!

A **HORIZON** absolutely contradicts the flat earth fairy tale! unless you believe the sun comes out of the earth!!

View Profile
History
Biblical Flat Earth
Posted : 16 Jul, 2018 12:59 AM

If you want a serious exploration of the flat earth theory and the Scriptures, I'd point you to this article:

https://creation.com/refuting-flat-earth

It's one of the better articles online I've found. A little long, but it is very thorough.

HiddenMountain

View Profile
History
Biblical Flat Earth
Posted : 2 Sep, 2018 07:37 AM

you funny man.. lol.. yep flat has gone global ... all around the ball!.. just like clinging water and that wonderful power of physics that contradicts centrifugal force .. tis so "grave- ity" ;D

HiddenMountain

View Profile
History
Biblical Flat Earth
Posted : 10 Sep, 2018 12:44 PM

i seriously think it is sad that folks would take time to "rebuke" ideas and never check on the truth of them...a simple YouTube search will turn up hundreds of thousands of christian flat earth believers...with full explanations of how the sun moon and stars work and the "nasa " cover-ups ..i will not waste time here .. but if some folks come on here and want to communicate truth send me a message.. by the way .. there are some flat earthers on this site.. nice intelligent folk