Author Thread: Why people should get married
TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
Why people should get married
Posted : 17 Jun, 2018 10:28 PM

So you met a girl...and you think that you are in love. I have just explained why many people think that they should get married...I have also just described a condition that many animals go through, its called being in heat.

If 90% of the reasons why you think that you should get married end with the thought 'we are just so in love' then I would probably recommend that you hold off on marriage,

I once had a conversation with a couple that had been married for a lengthy amount of time, and the guy said to me that when he got married he thought that he Loved his wife...and then he found out what Love was.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jul, 2018 12:50 AM

Being in love and being 'in heat' are not the same. The problem with the former is not that it's actually lust in disguise, but that it gets challenged by day-to-day living. That's when you learn that love is more than that feeling, but that it is something you DO despite your feelings at a given moment.

Secondly, you didn't explain why people *should* get married, only when they should not.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2018 11:39 PM

Exactly. You didn't explain why people should get married. You owe me an explanation! Lol :D

TravisjustTravis

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2018 06:25 AM

People think that they should get married because they are in 'love'. If that is your primary motivation...well that's kind of like a paper fort. I guess the title could read 'Why people should not get married.'

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Aug, 2018 08:11 AM

I think that for whatever reason you get married you must do it knowing there's no get out clause, and with the mindset that I've decided to love this person and to wether the storms which will most certainly come.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Aug, 2018 08:02 PM

I differently have to agree with Jayzeee on this one.

To me, one should only get married when there reader to start a family. not the act of conceiving a child , but having kids and what not.

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Aug, 2018 08:03 PM

"when there ready to"

icemaiden

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2018 06:18 AM

1Cor. 7: 5-9

5. Do not keep back from one another what is right, but only for a short time, and by agreement, so that you may give yourselves to prayer, and come together again; so that Satan may not get the better of you through your loss of self-control.

6. But this I say as my opinion, and not as an order of the Lord.

7. It is my desire that all men might be even as I am. But every man has the power of his special way of life given him by God, one in this way and one in that.

8. But I say to the unmarried and to the widows, It is good for them to be even as I am.

9. But if they have not self-control let them get married; for married life is better than the burning of desire.

God urge the single and widow not to get married on verse 7, but if you can't handle anymore the temptation then it is better to get married than to commit sin which is fornication. Sex is gift from God intended for marriage couple sad to say that the world now is filthy