Author Thread: Whatsapp and phonenumbers
Exodus1974

View Profile
History
Whatsapp and phonenumbers
Posted : 26 Jul, 2018 08:22 AM

Hi there and good day to you all. I was wondering some experiences on whatssapp,

For this site, I joined on a first account about 8 or nine years ago I guess. I met great people, shared many stories and experiences. Some time ago, The Lord stimulated me to seek out for followers of Christ again, and I thought again this site could be such a helpful tool for this again. Amen. Now, 8 or 9 years ago whatsapp wasn't as popular as it is now so the exchange of numbers wasn't quite done also. For now, being on the site for a while, I experience a great deal of fast communication, asking numbers for WhatsApp real quick, or numbers are simply given with the note, contact me there its more spontaneous, etc etc. for me I think its a whole wrong direction in a conversation. Even more, I think it slows things down. I am curious about opinions of others in this here

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2018 06:40 AM

Hi that has been my experience too, I've had people message me saying hi here's my number without even having a conversation. I think it your genuine about wanting to meet someone, you'll take your time to get to know them through the safety of the site. If your a scammer or your desperate time is it the essence. The scammer wants to get you away from the site before they're rumbled by admin & ultimately banned from the site. The desperate person just doesn't want to be alone, so will try to sweep you off your feet with a whirlwind romance ending in marriage before you have time to remove your rose tinted glasses, all I can say is take care the safe guards are there for our protection so use them.

Exodus1974

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Aug, 2018 08:36 AM

Thank you so much for agree in this. you know, sometimes in general I get the idea and feeling that I rather spent my time on prayer and the scriptures than looking at my smartphone all day. Though, even I run a very small company, all communication these days go through these. Set one day a week for ansering emails might be not quick enough of a respons anymore. I notice that very strong in WhatsApp. It feels like feeding attention to a person with no space for a good and solid conversation.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2018 04:45 PM

Whatsapp? Id take it some sort of app or social media site?

I work in IT and I never herd of it.

Anywho. I would be very careful if a person wanted to get you off site. that's scam 101.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2018 05:06 PM

I just looked it up, whats it point, its for making phone calls and sending texts. Even the oldest of flip phones do that.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Aug, 2018 03:12 AM

Whatsapp is good for sending messages, making phone and video calls, you can also create groups on it. I am in a family group which allows us to share messages photos & videos with loved ones who live abroad and its free...:-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Aug, 2018 02:26 PM

But your smart phone does all that without an extra app, or at lest my old iPhone does.

It can do all that over wifi and not use data or minutes.

Sees rather redundant to me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Dec, 2018 04:23 AM

I communicate offsite with people I like because I don't want to login to cdff everytime they message me. It makes the communication faster since I get to see their message right away. Moreover, it's good to be able to video chat to see if they are really who they say they are. I've heard of people posting photos of other people.

Iliachen

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2019 11:12 PM

I never bother with WhatsApp for online dating. In the anti-scam/anti-catfish community, this is almost always going to be a Nigerian catfish. I've tested this theory several times. At some point they'll claim they need cash for an emergency, then ghost you after you send money via western union, bit coin, or gift card.

If you want to keep your privacy, use a Google Voice or Skype number. Always opt for a video chat after you've texted and had at least a couple phone calls. If they reject you, they're hiding something. Anyone can video chat if they've taken selfies.