Author Thread: Could i be a false christian?
Melissam871

View Profile
History
Could i be a false christian?
Posted : 28 Jul, 2018 01:48 PM

Hi All,

i am looking for some advice as i am deeply concerned i may be a false christian. I believed that i was converted 9 years ago, but i do not feel that i have grown as much as i should have in my faith. I doubt constantly and i beg the lord to help sace me often. I have no doubt he is still looking out for me as he has shown me his love and guidance in my life.

However it worries me how empty and unfulfilled i feel and how although he has given me everything my heart could desire, i am still left yearing something.

I also don't feel i have the zest or love i should have and that most proper christians seem to possess

This makes me feel incredibly guilty and so its not something i feel i can talk to christians i know about for fear of judgement. I am praying about it and trying to read my bible to understand whats going on, but i dont feel i have received an answer yey and so are trying to be patient. I would love any advice and prayers anyone can offer me with.

Thank you in advance :)

Melissa

MeZiMMaH

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2018 04:39 AM

i must stop for now. today is sunday. LW i will be alert and focused in the LORDS church on this day. there is much more deeper stuff for me to speak about, but for now, i feel your question has been addressed. i need revieal. whoever said to stay in your bible and pray with out ceaseing spoke exactly what we all need to do. if we cease in these things, we whiter as the tender grass, and everthing else in our life will fade away never come back everything has gone away.

MeZiMMaH

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Aug, 2018 05:02 AM

could i be a false Christian?

EXamine yourself.

MeZiMMaH

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Aug, 2018 12:02 AM

to those that might read this post and know exactly what im talking about.

"joseph, who was sold sold for a servant: whose feet they hurt with fetters: he was laid in iron: until the time that his word came: the word of the LORD tried(refine, purge away) him.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Aug, 2018 02:05 AM

Lots of good insight here. I like points to ponder.

"Ye must be born again..." to me means once born again how is it possible to be unborn? U accepted Christ as the only attonement for ur sins. "... He is the way, the truth, the life..."

"... no one can pluck them from my Father's hands".

Ur born into the family of God so He is your Father...

Only one sin cannot be forgiven. That's the blasphemy of the Holy Spririt. U can't do that by virtue of being born again. They are opposite.

Doubt really comes from how close u are to the Lord. How would ur relationship grow with another person if u do not spend time with them?

I think besides the Bible, only one book really shows what FAITH is and the ultimate price people have paid for it: Foxe's Book of Martyrs. It really brings me to my knees every time I read a single page. There are martyrs today. Just 99.9% of them we never hear of.

Is "outbid sight, out of mind" really true?

MeZiMMaH

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Aug, 2018 09:52 AM

amen, my brother. I do got foxes book of martyrs in my library. that is a very hard book to read if you are not accustomed to reading books. ha. I am amazed how the LORD dealt with, and still to this day(the LORD changeth not) but how HE dealt with bloody mary and her clique of goons. we should always acknowledge our GOD with fear and trembling. the LORD..... MIGHTY TO DELIVER, PHYSICALLY and SPIRITUALLY. to the uttermost. amen

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Oct, 2018 04:21 PM

Keep your faith in Jesus Christ. Focus on what he did at the Cross. He died for Our sins. Repent if your sins, ask Jesus to come into your Heart.

Be sincere and Jesus will help you be the person he wants you to be.

Stay in the Word of God, the Bible. Study and pray for God's guidance in your Life. We need Jesus we cannot do it all by ourselves.

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Nov, 2018 01:49 PM

Wrong about calling on the name of the Lord and be saved, the truth is, to all who call in truth..

Psalm 145:18 The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

Would anyone think that has no meaning, to call upon the Lord in truth, seeing as He is THE Spirit of TRUTH?

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

So we cannot receive Him and we are none of His unless we have that same Spirit of Christ..

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Now if you can faithfully agree to the word of faith, call and be answered..

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

Receiving support from people does not gain the support that is really needed, of the Lord God. Then, if we seek more sincerely, meaning, as prayers between us and God only in secret in our closet, then God will answer to them people.

God is conscience, love, ( God is love) is very sensitive, love also has to do all that is right, has to long suffer, has to experience unfairness to be completely fair, the light is on, the Kingdom of Heaven is preached, the sound is made known into all the world, this is why we question things, but who chooses sparks instead of the light that gave us our eyes and all we see, who chooses man for answers, that spills blood instead of the Lord who, by His spilt blood is the fountain of LIVING waters ???????

Isaiah 50:10 Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.

11 Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Jeremiah 2:13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Dec, 2018 09:55 PM

@OP

How do you think you might become a 'real' Christian?

I'm not interested in what others think right now and want YOU to answer what YOU think, not what others have (and will again in response to this) say, but I will say this as encouragement: your salvation doesn't depend on your reliability or faithfulness, but on the reliabilty and faithfulness of the one you put your hope in.

SeekingGodsBest74

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2018 09:02 AM

In regards to God - one good saying I heard years ago:

The vinedresser is no nearer to the vine than when he is shaping it. God's been working on me for 20 years, I'm still not perfect. However I do not doubt my salvation through Jesus Christ.

The enemy on the other hand - will use your friends and family and anyone and anything possible to create seeds of doubt. Once they're deep in the mind, the result is a defeated Christian.

As the one disciple walk off the boat onto the water to meet Jesus standing on the water, once he started to doubt he started to sink. "Why do ye doubt?" was Jesus's question to him.

Gods laws are a world apart from man's limited thinking and limited knowledge laws.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2019 02:49 PM

I feel exactly the same way, that's why I got on this site, I thought maybe I would find some friends here but it's the same as any other site. I got blocked by a "so called Christian" just for sending him a message, that makes him a stumbling block but whatever lol. Anyway, I never feel that happy content feeling that other Christians have so I feel like a hypocrite alot of the time

Page : 1 2 3