Author Thread: Woman's initiative
Admin

Woman's initiative
Posted : 8 Aug, 2018 09:44 PM

I am looking for counsel to the guys...its been a while since I attempted to date, especially online dating, but how is a a woman perceived when they take the initiative by sending a wink or email?

I'll be honest, when I have tried, I feel like I don't get taken seriously or too upfront...so I have let that go and just letting guys contact me instead...

Would you please let me know? I understand not everyone is lookin for long distance relationships but I'm giving it some thought.

Your sincere and kind feedback would be much appreciated,

Thanks!

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 8 Aug, 2018 10:09 PM

I generally don't like it. When women send me winks, I usually don't respond to it, because most of these winks (or should I say ALL of them) come from women who live in the Philippines or other parts of the world where I cannot go or don't want to go.

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 9 Aug, 2018 12:19 PM

I dont see a problem with it.

Just don't expect it to work well.

If you want something you can't just sit around waiting for it to fall in your lap.

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 9 Aug, 2018 06:09 PM

thanks for the honest response.

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 9 Aug, 2018 08:55 PM

You're limiting your options. If you wait passively, you'll just have to settle for whoever comes to you.

Melissam871

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 9 Aug, 2018 11:30 PM

Thank you Anna for asking this as i also wonder about this very question. I find that men tend to be a little funny about women approaching them and so have stopped doing it as i mainly get ignored or if they do reply, it tends to just be a simple hello.

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 10 Aug, 2018 08:43 AM

Well, I'm very task / goal oriented, but the vibe I get from some guys is that of passiveness from them if they answer, sort of well you contacted me then you are the one is interested.

On the other hand I get that I'm not to be liked by everyone (that's fine)or that like someone said earlier, if we are not located within certain demographic area, we automatically get tossed out, or consider you a "gold digger" or "citizenship digger" and I am sure a lot of girls like myself are not.

Unfortunately due to age range, cultural and demographic ladies such as me have to come to sites such as this one to meet people that might be compatible in liking and beliefs.

So my question was very real for a lot of women "out there."

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 10 Aug, 2018 05:36 PM

Just be yourself and do what you do. I like women that know what they want. However, you do live to far away for me. make friends and just wait.

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 10 Aug, 2018 07:35 PM

If I got a wink from a woman that I am looking for, I would be thrilled. But way too often people who send the winks are not what I am looking for. So, that's all I wanted to say. I've never once received a wink from someone who was really what I was looking for.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 11 Aug, 2018 12:59 AM

I don't know how you can tell if a person is what your looking for based on a photo and a profile alone. You may well discount someone that could be a perfect fit, had you taken the time to get to know them. I always reply to anyone who messages me it doesn't mean I'm interested, I personally no longer send messages it's disheartening to see it's been read & get no reply, I agree with what the op says about passiveness100%, to the men I'd say if you keep doing the same thing don't be surprised when you get the same results(singleness) I am focussing on getting out and meeting men in the real world, and have signed up to attend a Christian social event next month.

View Profile
History
Woman's initiative
Posted : 14 Aug, 2018 07:23 AM

I love it women approach. It's confident and let's me know.she knows what she wants

Page : 1 2 3