Author Thread: Racial Preference : Does it matter ? on CDFF ?
meetme2016

View Profile
History
Racial Preference : Does it matter ? on CDFF ?
Posted : 11 Sep, 2018 02:42 AM

I see a lot of people here who have 'white' only preference.Its sad but we do live still in racist world.I suggest that you could have an open mind and possibly meet a now ' White' established man who is doing something in life and with similar interests as you.

For Reference who don't know if racial bias is real in dating can see the below video on studies done on major online dating apps. (This is not an imaginary thing, it really happening in our modern society and also Christians do it on cdff )

1.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flXIdlRwEXc

2.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZoy0HGKRuI

See the videos before suggesting any answers.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2018 03:57 AM

I don't have a racial preference but some people do. I have come across profiles that discounted me based on race, age, distance or the fact that I have children which is fine. I just press the back button and move swiftly on, I am here to meet someone that wants to meet me not change the mind of them that don't, does it matter ? not really live and let live...

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2018 12:08 PM

As a Christian haveing a racial preference doesn't add up and we shouldn't have them. We are all the children of god.

But I can understand if someone has one. I know many people in my family can't stand African Americans and id prefer to not start a relationship with such a person to avoid family problems. They would likely get chased off rather fast anyway.

There are also problems that come with a mixed marriage and mix kids. Many parts of the world still look down on mixed familys and some just don't want the trouble. Not only for themselves but for thier kids.

And although not well known, people of a mix background can also have trouble fighting some forms of blood/bone cancer where a bone marrow transplant is needed. Some dont want to put their kids in such a position ether.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2018 02:18 PM

That's interesting what exactly are the problems that come with mixed marriages ? and as for mixed children being more prone to bone cancers where did you see that ? because if their I'd fact based evidence I'd like to read it first hand.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2018 05:19 PM

Mixed people are not more prone to brone/blood cancer but find it very hard to find a bone marrow match. Look up "bone marrow transplant mixed race" you will fine many articles about it.

As for mixed kids, black/white kids can be bullied in some parts of the US. Many people in the US still have feelings against black/white marriages too. Some people will say bad things about you, spread rumors, spit in your food, try to split you up and so on. You can still find injustices against mixed families in the US all the time.

This one stands out a lot to me.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/black-teen-fostered-white-parents-mistaken-burglar-attacked-cops/

Then you have places like japan where you cant even get a job if your half Japanese and korean. Or that was the case in the 70/80s. A half korean/Japanese lady used to live not far from me and her and her mother were ran out of the country after her Japanese father died.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Sep, 2018 05:29 PM

Also dont take my posts the worng way. I could not care less what your race is. I judge one by hwo that are, not what they look like. I just realize there are still problems in the world when it comes to race.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2018 12:34 AM

Not every one on this site is in America I'm in England and the op is in Norway. I fail to see what your family's hatred for any group has to do with racial preference on CDFF. I have never heard that mixed race people are more prone to blood/bone cancer, & to suggest they are without evidence sounds like racist propoganda to me.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2018 01:45 AM

To the op racism is alive and well even in the body of Christ but we have to be clear what racism is & isnt. The vast majority of people tend to date within their race and I certainly don't view that as racist,

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2018 01:04 PM

Not everyone is in England or Norway ether. Race is not really a problem there unlike the US or some parts of Asia and the middle east.

In the US its not uncommon for someone being shot and killed by a cop for having the wrong color skin at the wrong time and some even claim that Italians are not white. Many politicians still try to limit the rights of non white voters in the US too.

How ones family and those around you will view your dating one of anther race can affect your preference. Not everyone in these parts of the world want the hardships that can be put on them for having a mixed mirage so some shy away from it and form a preference against it.

On the bone/blood cancer. I never said anything about mixed raced people being more prone to it. I said more then once that mix raced people find it very hard to find a bone marrow donor. If you looked up what I suggested and you would have found many pages about it.

https://www.cityofhope.org/citystories/minority-and-mixed-race-bone-marrow-donation

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marrow-donors-rare-for-mixed-race-patients/

https://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1993074,00.html

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2018 01:10 PM

What I'm getting at is not everyone with a race preference is doing so because they are a racist. But as a defensive reaction to the racism around them.

Jennifer7575

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Sep, 2018 04:33 PM

Race is not an issue for me. Intelligence is. I admit, I would like someone who's theme song is not, 'If I Only had a Brain'. (No offense.) I run into a lot of guys on this site who don't know where they live or can even answer basic questions about what it looks like outside his window. For me, that gets frustrating.

Page : 1 2