Author Thread: Would you consider a shy type of woman to chat?
icemaiden

View Profile
History
Would you consider a shy type of woman to chat?
Posted : 12 Sep, 2018 06:37 AM

Does being a shy woman a no-no to a guy?

What if that woman really likes you, but she doesn't know how to initiate a conversation. Would you find it boring?

JamesEG

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2018 10:04 AM

Millions of people (men and women) are shy, icemaiden.

Personally, I don't mind if a woman is shy. I find that shy persons (and I consider myself one in some ways) are willing to talk and open up after they get to know someone, especially someone with whom they share common morals, goals, interests, etc.

Shyness can actually be a guard in some ways to protect one from rushing too quickly into a close relationship with the wrong person without knowing them well.

Finding persons with whom you share many things in common can be a key to help in carrying on personal conversations. And there are a lot of books on the market to help individuals who are dealing with severe shyness. But, since you took the initiative to write this post, I'm guessing you may not be severely shy.

Too often, shy persons are taken advantage of by extroverted persons with much experience who know how to manipulate them. But, shyness can be an asset instead of a liability if it protects you from getting into the wrong relationships that more extroverted persons sometimes enter into.

Enjoy God's blessings! James

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Sep, 2018 12:22 PM

Being shy is not really a problem, not partaking in a conversation however is a problem. Some shy people will shy away from a conversation witch makes it hard to talk to them.

I have no problem with a shy woman being somewhat shy myself I know what its like. A shy person will likely take more time to progress in a relationship a d open up but thats a good thing in many ways.

icemaiden

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2018 04:22 AM

Thank you so much James for that wonderful response. I have read some of profile that in here, I don't know may I have read mostly that likes a woman to be bold, direct and initiate the conversation which is a bit hard for me to do. And I'm a type of person don't know what to do and say to initiate a conversation. I believe hi and hello is not a good start, even me I don't want that but sadly that's all I could think of 😊

Have read your profile! 1Cor 7:5-10 😊

icemaiden

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Sep, 2018 04:25 AM

One of the problem of shy person is, initiating the conversation. If the person we talk don't know how to make the conversation alive and longer then it would also hard for us to continue the conversation.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Sep, 2018 05:03 AM

Braking the ice and starting a conversation is hard for me too. Not only is it hard for me to do, I don't really have a clue what Im doing since Im so new to dating. I tend to start the conversation by asking about the person interests , that all I can think of.

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Sep, 2018 01:51 PM

Shyness only constitutes a problem when it emanates from fear of rejection or concern over the opinion of others.

When I was a young child in the world, I was trapped between two fears; not being noticed by others at all, or being visible but altogether insignificant. I hid this well from my peers for many a year and it was only after I answered the knock of the one who stands at the door that I was able to perceive the error of my way.

When I was ready to receive God's love my sense of self-worth was no longer dependent on whether people were prepared to receive me or not. As my mind was renewed in obeying God and serving others, I was no longer bound and distracted by the discomforts associated with shyness.

In Christ, we are at liberty to be who we are born again to be, and to do all that he called us to do. By living to please God, a great many people will speak evil of us, but the love of the Father and the Son sets us free to live in love for others.

Mercy triumphs over judgement and how many times I have been moved to compassion by some of the personal accounts here. It would be obstinate for me to be shy when you consider how much God so loved the world. The dedication and perseverance of his love persists to be shared by us. The foundation for gaining mastery over shyness is this love we want to share.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." - 1 John 4:18

JamesEG

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2018 10:36 AM

I Corinthians 7:5-10 contains some great words on remaining single, as well as the preference to marry instead of being lustful or involved in fornication. Discipline and self control under the Holy Spirit's guidance are keys to success in either choice. Even married people face the temptation to commit adultery. I Corinthians 10:13 is a good verse to remember when facing temptation.

As for starting conversations, complimenting someone on some aspect (their appearance, attitude, work ethic, morals, etc.) is one way. If you share common interests, goals, hobbies, etc., that provides an opening for conversation. And if you meet someone at a church or school or in line at the grocery, asking the person what they think about the sermon message, assignment, store, etc., can initiate a conversation. Just smiling and showing interest in another person by asking them a question about their interests can open the door to a conversation. And if you meet lots of people daily at school, work, church, the grocery, library, on the bus, etc., you can briefly converse in a general way about something wherever you are at to initiate a conversation. But, don't try to push it if the person is busy. And casual conversations can be friendly without leading to something more.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2018 12:18 PM

Depends on a guy, if he's shy too.... how exactly will anyone do any talking? Woman are natural talk-boxes, men typically don't say more than the bare minimum.... a shy man is even worse in that he sometimes says nothing at all.

I (for example) might not always seem like it but in person I mostly barely talk at all, the only times I actually get really talkative is when I rant. Then for some reason I need to talk to a shy woman (the type I mostly attract for some inexplicable reason) who for some strange reason expects ME to carry the conversations and the situation gets frustrating for both of us.