Author Thread: Men and their standards
Admin

Men and their standards
Posted : 13 Sep, 2018 01:27 PM

What kind of standards are you looking for in a guy? Are you looking for a financially stable person that has his life together or a person who doesnt know what he wants in the future and is just scraping by. I know that most if not all women on here what a loyal Christian husband who is walking the Christian walk and is on the path to salvation (same for me).

Blessedgal19

View Profile
History
Men and their standards
Posted : 13 Sep, 2018 09:00 PM

Just one thing.. A guy that loves the Lord.

Jennifer7575

View Profile
History
Men and their standards
Posted : 16 Sep, 2018 04:22 PM

A guy who loves the Lord is a broad concept. What does that love look like and what does it mean? As revealed by Yhwh (God) there are two acronyms in which love can fall: L.iving the O.ngoing V.itality of E.ternity or L.iving the O.ngoing V.eneer of E.xistence. Unfortunately, love is often confused with happiness and has the connotation attached of, 'I'm going to take whatever I can from this person to make me happy.' Then when it fails, the person is kicked to the curb. The best thing I can think of in regards to standards is to just observe and try to meet the person you're interested in where she is at and see how you are received, because that door swings both ways. The last thing you want is someone who is going to flourish at your expense then wonder what's wrong with you when you're drained because she hasn't been putting any effort into your needs.

View Profile
History
Men and their standards
Posted : 16 Sep, 2018 09:26 PM

The man/husband/father is supposed to be the spiritual leader of the family. The head of household. A man that is a powerful spiritual leader (but not a cocky know-it-all) is very attractive. Some women want the secure-in-his-career type of guy, but other women don't mind a traveler-who-doesn't-know-his-next-move. It all depends on personality and personal situations (jobs, children, other responsibilities). But in the end, yes I agree that i'd want someone who not only loves the Lord, but someone who is willing to self-sacrifice for the Lord as well.

Blessedgal19

View Profile
History
Men and their standards
Posted : 20 Jan, 2019 07:56 AM

A guy that loves the Lord. Financial stability can be worked out together... As long as both parties are willing to help each other which is suppose to be because the woman was created to be a helpmate to a man.

Loree7

View Profile
History
Men and their standards
Posted : 8 Feb, 2020 08:52 AM

I believe that I'm old enough to respond to that. I have been in a ministry family and now am in full-time ministry. God has a set of standards laid for what a godly man should be. Ephesians and 1 Corinthians are the two books of the Bible that address the roles the most. Part of those guidelines include that he is to be the protector and provider. If a young lady doesn't want that in you, you should consider trying to find another. I once told a guy to ask himself what he believed God wanted him to be and do with his life. Then, I asked, "Does ...fit into that life calling?"