Author Thread: What are/is your insight(s) of a woman who is independent and knows how to think for herself?
Jennifer7575

View Profile
History
What are/is your insight(s) of a woman who is independent and knows how to think for herself?
Posted : 15 Sep, 2018 12:23 PM

I often get confused with being a push over because I excel in being able to meet a person where s/he is at in his/her walk in life until it's learned I know how to think for myself. Another thing I find bothersome, is the way guys in this day and age seem to be clingy and expect a woman to support him. Any reasons as to why this seems to be todays norms?

View Profile
History
What are/is your insight(s) of a woman who is independent and knows how to think for herself?
Posted : 15 Sep, 2018 12:30 PM

I never herd of men living off their partner being the norm today, but it does happen. But as for independent women, many at lest here in the US can be very stubborn and argumentative, or at lest that's what I seen. Being too head strong can be a turn off for many men.

Jennifer7575

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Sep, 2018 12:42 PM

What I find on the frustrating side, is I seem to attract of guys who present themselves with the mindset, "She has two kids, she can take care of me too." It would be nice if that wasn't the case. I would consider independence a good thing as well as being strong willed and stubborn to a degree as long as the branch knows how to bend in the wind, lest it breaks. It is important to be able to listen to each other and communicate while maintaining respect for each other. Not expect the other to compromise to suit his/her need.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2018 08:21 AM

I struggle with being judged for being independent. I have been labeled as being headstrong and stubborn. I would like to know what is wrong with women knowing what they want out of life? How do you guys view submission? I find it much easier for me to submit to someone who embraces me for being a thinker and takes in what I think. I feel like once I say what's on my mind I'm ok with the man making a descision.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2018 12:11 PM

"in this day and age" is a chief part of your problem... "modern" simply means "the current time" and not "better than what came before" even though people continually believe that newer automatically means better.... which upon objective investigation it almost never does. The REAL advances are few and far between with the confusion of female and male roles not being one of them, in fact it's a societal error that is directly contributing to the overall long term collapse of western civilization.

Neither men nor woman have changed, the only thing that has changed is that woman suddenly demanded more and men eventually gave in and let them have it.... much to the determent of all of us. Men still need the same things they have needed for thousands of years since creation, so do woman.... nothing real has actually changed and the natural roles/needs are not just a "social construct" but actually they are hard wired into human nature by God himself I might add.

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 09:35 AM

Rambo know that I have missed your comments and insights but sometimes ......

Men often say they don't understand women. If she is taking the time to tell you, take you by the hand if need be, to share with you what she needsfrom you, consider it a blessing!!!

If you don't pay attention or consider it a burden to do so, you will have more success in relationships if you get a pet such as a dog.

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 09:38 AM

A note to add that I agree there are natural roles for men and women. It is my opinion, that for centuries the roles were abused and women have spoken up. Now it's gone too far that men are confused, so are women.

All this to say we need new conversations.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 11:48 PM

Sorry I can be a bit much at times I know.... have to be me though.

Well mostly men don't understand woman (or say they don't) when woman (some more than others... some making it a sport) habitually act differently from what they preach and then justify it with "I changed my mind" when it seems convenient. If a man simply "changes his mind" he gets accused of being a liar or some such which further complicates it.

I have come to realize that woman forcing themselves into male roles was necessary as a temporary measure to wake men up at some point.... problem is the method of doing it only caused temporary progress with it's own harm becoming institutionalized because the men ended up adapting to the new situation by either becoming what the woman appeared to want (which was/is often prey to a wants vs needs confusion when it comes to big things) or rebelling and being "ultra male". In the bible it happens where woman take over male roles to a certain degree as God's way of humiliating weak men back to a place of proper responsibility but never is a woman permanently placed in authority with it ending well, Jezebel being the best example.

The wrong motivation was attempted and basically failed because instead of using superior female power which would have had much better long term results the woman attempted to usurp male power because they were either fed up with self destructive males or bored with endlessly talking about the weather at useless tea parties.... now everyone is confused because of a repetition of original sin only this time Adam has no defense.

All that said though there is no denying the temporary progress that was made before it became undone.... the early 1900's was an interesting time.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2018 05:44 AM

But addressing the need to properly communicate with each other more directly, depends on what you mean. The modern myth is that men and woman can have equal roles in a relationship without it ultimately imploding.... something that has yet to actually been proved to work. As the old roman saying goes, it's better to have one bad general than two good one's. It does not matter how wise or intelligent the two people are a body with two heads ALWAYS tears itself apart given enough time.

Differently put male power lies in being the head, female power lies in being the neck.... sometimes the head makes decisions and sometimes it just rests on the neck. It's not an easy balance to achieve no matter what who tells you. It is good for a man to be under the influence of an independent woman.... it's terrible for him to be under the influence of a woman independent of him. Big difference there. The verse about being equally yoked comes to mind.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2018 04:18 PM

See I feel like if a couple is making a descion, the woman should at least get to express her thoughts and opinions, and the final descision should be made by the man. I realize that us women tend to be controlled by emotions, whereas men aren't.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2018 10:23 PM

No... men are controlled by woman... which ends up being redundant

Page : 1 2