Author Thread: Why do guys use this greeting?
Admin

Why do guys use this greeting?
Posted : 19 Sep, 2018 12:49 PM

Why do so many guys start a message with "hello beautiful" or something similar?

For me, it is a turn off when guys greet me this way. It seams like they are flirting, or they are overly focused on appearances. It seems like it would be much better to say �hi, my name is _____. How are you today?� or something like that.

okiekansas777

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2018 11:29 AM

I totally agree. Most of them are romance scammers looking to intice you into their web. Sounds like another great deceiver from the Bible

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2018 06:20 PM

I find it a compliment BUT from my experience with dating sites, 99% of the time scammers send those types of messages. So unfortunately if it's from an honest guy online,I automatically think he's a scammer

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Oct, 2018 08:15 AM

More often then not a scammer will give you a long winded message with contact info. I never seen one send a short message like what the OP talks about.

Dazz

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Nov, 2018 07:29 AM

Hahahaha

And this, my friends, is why we are all single.

�Ooh, what could he possibly mean, is he shallow, is he a pervert, or a scammer?�

And meanwhile, ya know what the guy is REALLY thinking? Nothing, Nadda, Zip.

At most, he�s put great thought into this and decided �Hi� isn�t quite enough so he�s thrown in something he hope�s is a compliment.

And he�ll be genuinely puzzled why you haven�t replied, and have to conclude that either you�re inactive or just not attracted to him.

And you know what the real rub is?

What�s the worst it could mean, if it had any meaning at all? If it�s a scammer, then it�s meaningless anyway. At worst, God forbid, it means he actually thinks you�re beautiful.

And the Irony, you fear he may be shallow, or might be guilty of judging on appearances, and you have been far worse, judging him on a single word.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Nov, 2018 05:25 PM

Funny, Dazz. U made my day. But I dont like that greeting too. It sounded fresh and seemed too familiar when he's basically a stranger.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Nov, 2018 04:58 AM

Take it as a compliment and move swiftly onto a specific subject of possible mutual interest.

Barry Cheshire.

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Nov, 2018 07:35 AM

May absolute favorite greeting is “Hello pretty!”

LookingForItAll

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Nov, 2018 08:48 AM

And I have to disagree with you, aham3.

I think rambo919 is being very candid, and accurate, about masculine conversation. My son once noted that his significant other was perplexed that he and I could be on the phone for an hour or more and when she would ask what we talked about, his (honest) was "Nothing, really."

Men tend to converse either competitively or meaninglessly, and the latter is mainly as an entertaining way to avoid boredom.

NiceFitGuy

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2018 09:05 PM

Because "hello ugly" is rude lol.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Dec, 2018 11:11 AM

Haha. Thats a good one. I almost want to give it a try

Page : 1 2 3