Author Thread: Abortion and Christians
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Abortion and Christians
Posted : 19 Sep, 2018 02:00 PM

I was discussing the problem of legal abortion in this country with a female friend at church. She agreed that abortion is wrong but stated her hope that abortion would never become illegal just in case she needed access to it. I was so dumbfounded I can’t remember responding. Here’s mature Christian woman who knows abortion is a grievous evil but keeps a slot open at the local abortion chamber “just in case”!! Just in case a mother needs to hire a hit-man to knock off a pesky unborn child??!! Does God’s glory matter anymore??!!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Abortion and Christians
Posted : 19 Sep, 2018 02:22 PM

I want to ad more due to the nature of this sensitive topic. I have offered emotional support to women friends who’ve opted for abortion in their pasts. Although they’ve repented, they know they can’t turn back the clock or change things. And although they’ve confessed to God, they sometimes find it very hard to accept forgiveness. My beloved mother was one such woman. Eventually she found what she needed from the pages of the Bible. They brought her the most comfort. She learned that God’s forgiveness is complete! She also learned that God recieves no glory when debilitating guilt blinds one to the fullness and power of God’s grace and forgiveness. She also learned that her sin was already punished and paid for by God himself. She finally learned what real freedom means in Jesus’ work of salvation. I’m happy she finally recieved God’s peace. The Bible is replete with accounts of the kind of people God forgives. “Righteous” people love look down on sinners of every stripe. But scripture is VERY clear, God recieves MUCH glory over just one sinner who repents that over many “righteous people who need no repentance”!!! THATS SOMETHING TO REJOICE ABOUT!!! Read all about it in the Psalms

View Profile
History
Abortion and Christians
Posted : 19 Sep, 2018 02:26 PM

Abortion is not mentioned in God's Word but a person's **LIFE** in the **WOMB** is mentioned and ending that **LIFE** in the womb would therefore be the sin of **MURDER**!

Psalm 22:10: David said, "From my mother's **WOMB** you have been My God!"

Psalm 139:13: David said, "For you created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's **WOMB**!"

Isaiah 44:2: This is what the Lord says--He who made you, who formed you in the **WOMB**!

Isaiah 44:24: This is what the Lord says--your Redeemer, who formed you in the **WOMB**!

Jeremiah 1:5: The Lord said, "Before I formed you in the **WOMB** I knew you!"

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Abortion and Christians
Posted : 19 Sep, 2018 02:27 PM

My revision needs revision. Among other errors, I meant to say: “God receives more glory over one sinner who repents THAN over many “righteous” people who think they need no repentance.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Abortion and Christians
Posted : 19 Sep, 2018 02:27 PM

My revision needs revision. Among other errors, I meant to say: “God receives more glory over one sinner who repents THAN over many “righteous” people who think they need no repentance.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Abortion and Christians
Posted : 19 Sep, 2018 02:32 PM

I agree!

fievel

View Profile
History
Abortion and Christians
Posted : 22 Sep, 2018 04:54 PM

Many people have told me I believe abortion is murder but. My question is usually but what? Here is the thing: by saying abortion is murder but we must allow it, we are basically saying murder is not hinherantly wrong because God said it was. If we open murder up to mans opinion, than anyone is free game. If you inconvenience me than I can kill you, but we know that is not right. The same argument can be made the baby is smaller than me so somehow this give me a right to kill it? I am bigger than most people but that does not give me a right to kill them. We are beginning to reap this thought patter, via shootings, especially school shootings. Think about what they teach people today with moral relativism, anything can go.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Abortion and Christians
Posted : 23 Sep, 2018 08:43 PM

Exactly Jack, your scenario is the eventual logical outcome of killing unborn babies by abortion, it simply leads to more and more killing. First they take out the unborns, then they take out defect babies, then they take out old people. And then, they start taking out their political opponents who oppose their murders. In fact, they are using lies right now, as we speak, to destroy a judge who might threaten their abortion rights and take away their blood money! Child sacrifice for irresponsible sex is their religion. And if it were legal to kill more, they would certainly act on it, history is witness

View Profile
History
Abortion and Christians
Posted : 30 Sep, 2018 01:52 PM

You all have said what I would have said. I oppose abortion.

View Profile
History
Abortion and Christians
Posted : 28 Oct, 2018 02:01 PM

I would only consider supporting legalized "abortion" in one case - ectopic, or tubal, pregnancy, where the fertilized egg develops outside the uterus, the baby has 0% chance of survival to viability, if the mother is at high risk of dying from the baby developing outside of where God planned it to be nurtured.

I had a friend who had a tubal pregnancy that ruptured and she almost died from the complications. But I would have a hard time having an "abortion" myself even in that case and always prayed that the Lord would spare me that tragedy in my life.