Author Thread: Are you hung up on age?
Admin

Are you hung up on age?
Posted : 7 Oct, 2018 11:30 AM

If you didn't know, how old would you say I look? There have been profiles that I was attracted to and couldn't contact them because they had age restrictions. Trust me, I'm no cougar, but when it's only a couple of years, it's very frustrating to not even get a look because of a number.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Are you hung up on age?
Posted : 7 Oct, 2018 02:03 PM

Yes I know what you mean, I've come across profiles of men my age seeking women 20s - 30s I have to admit I find it a little sad because I assume they feel a younger partner is like turning back the hands of time.

View Profile
History
Are you hung up on age?
Posted : 7 Oct, 2018 04:50 PM

I belie we should be open to anyone of any age and not cast one aside for being older/younger.

That is not to say having 20+ years apart is a good thing. I think it would be better to find someone within 5-10 years of you. But I can understand if you don't get along with people of your once age. I sometimes feel like banging my head again the wall after being around people my own age. But I'm not out there looking for someone twice my age ether.

Dazz

View Profile
History
Are you hung up on age?
Posted : 19 Nov, 2018 12:24 AM

It's actually kind of silly that we are so conditioned by society to focus so heavily on age.

Don't get me wrong, there are practical considerations.

And in a perfect world, you'd find your perfect partner at exactly the same age, to mitigate those issues.

But who here has found the "perfect" partner?

Age is just one factor, and for me, it's not the most important.

I also think it is very judgemental to say its sad that a man only wants to marry a younger woman. I've seen women with a "Must Have/ Must Not" list as long as your arm, but apparently that's ok as long as they don't include age?

Can I also make the point that such lists, and restrictions (including age) are actually an improvement on dishonesty.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Are you hung up on age?
Posted : 19 Nov, 2018 01:23 AM

Were all entitled to our opinion and that's mine and I make no apologies for it.

Christson2^

View Profile
History
Are you hung up on age?
Posted : 23 Nov, 2018 08:16 PM

I can not speak for everyone but for me there seems to be an age window if you will. As I get older, it moves with me.

View Profile
History
Are you hung up on age?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2018 10:37 AM

I don't imagine many 20-somethings girls wanting a forties-something guy like myself! And by the same token, I don't really want a woman I introduce to my parents as being about 3 years younger than them (they had me quite young).

View Profile
History
Are you hung up on age?
Posted : 17 Jan, 2019 03:16 AM

This age gap factor will render many single.