Author Thread: Photos are so important!
Admin

Photos are so important!
Posted : 13 Oct, 2018 10:47 AM

Okay, I know there is more to a person than their photo. However if you have no photo or a really bad photo, I think you deserve to know! Guys...a smile goes a long way, just saying. Doesn't everyone look better smiling? Which profiles are you attracted to? I bet she's smiling. And it needs to look natural, not forced. Everyone should have at least one close up and one full body. Try to stay away from blurry ones and ones that are 10 years old. Yeah, we all looked better then but not very truthful. lol

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 13 Oct, 2018 02:14 PM

Photos are only important to those that want things of the flesh and world.

But yes a photo can tell you a lot about a person.

I don't put my photos up here for the same reason I don't tell I people what I own or drive.

I want someone to like me for who I am and not what I look like or own/have.

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 13 Oct, 2018 03:35 PM

Good luck with that!

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 13 Oct, 2018 06:29 PM

You sound rather shallow. I find that sad and disgraceful.

There are quite a few bible versus that speak against wanting things of the flesh and shallowness. Looks fade with age, money can be lost and things you own can be stolen.

Dating one for there looks, money or belongings is a really bad idea.

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 13 Oct, 2018 06:36 PM

You sound rather ugly and old!

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 13 Oct, 2018 06:39 PM

And you sound rather rude and sinful.

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 14 Oct, 2018 12:50 AM

In the end there is only one reason to not have photo's.... you are hiding something. No one has ever been attracted to someone else exclusively because of character, there is ALWAYS a physical attraction of some kind. Trying to be "uber religious" about it is a dead end because after all we are all of both the flesh and the spirit.... BOTH kinds of attraction are required. No level of over-spiritualization will ever take away physical requirements and will only leave you bitter because neither your attempts to reshape reality in your image nor any amount of self righteous attempts at coercion manages to convince anyone.

Just as people are wrong to emphasize too much their physical requirements they are also wrong to emphasize too much their spiritual requirements.... it's not a competition it's a balance.

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 14 Oct, 2018 11:53 AM

Well said Rambo!

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 14 Oct, 2018 11:55 AM

I often receive requests for a photo.

I prefer to get to know someone first by email. If the guy insists on it, I wish him well.

I dated more than most in the past because of what I look like. I am fine with meeting new friends however, I am here to find a long term relationship leading toward marriage.

I have dated good looking guys who seemed to have it all, less attractive guys, tall and my height, slim, athletic, a few extra pounds, with a job, without a job etc....

Today, I find I am attracted to what I believe is an intelligent man. Yes, a picture gives more information but is it really a picture of that person, in some cases, it has turned me away from that person for various reasons. Some of the pictures have me questioning What was he thinking?

Women have to be more cautious than ever before. Men are attracted by what they see first, rather than the personality. I do prefer a picture of you men, yet I don't have one. Simple. I need to believe I will be safe with you. If that is not enough for you, than we can either be friends or move on. Period.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 17 Oct, 2018 01:55 AM

Well we all know that profiles with photos get far more responses than those without. So I don't understand those wanting to date but wanting to it incognito. I think it's unreasonable to not have at least one photo available for a potential partner to see. No one is going to take the time to get to know someone online, build up a rapport without knowing what they look like. Ocean17 that doesn't sound like a plan as you're running the risk of when you do finally clap eyes on each other one or both of you being dissapointed.

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 18 Oct, 2018 12:51 PM

I have to disagree with rambo. Wile yes I am hiding something (my looks), I'm doing so to force others to get to know me first, its not that I'm ugly or old, quite the opposite. I regularly get complements and hit on in person.

But the rest, not true at all for me. I been talking to a girl online that I feel no physical attraction too and if it were not do the distance between us Id asked to meat up with her. Infact I have yet to find any women I feel physical attracted to. I'm just not wired that way, looks just don't matter to me.

Now having a photo on standby is something you should have. I have yet to be asked for one online anywhere. Even after talking for weeks even months with others I still don't get asked.

However you should feel obligated to send the other party your photo before meeting up so they know who to look for and if they ask after talking for a wile you should have no problem sending it to them.

TLDR:

I don't openly show my photo here to sort out those I know I will not get along well with. And its working rather well for me. Sure alot of people don't respond to me, but the ones that do are rather good people that I get along with rather well.

Page : 1 2 3