Author Thread: Photos are so important!
Admin

Photos are so important!
Posted : 13 Oct, 2018 10:47 AM

Okay, I know there is more to a person than their photo. However if you have no photo or a really bad photo, I think you deserve to know! Guys...a smile goes a long way, just saying. Doesn't everyone look better smiling? Which profiles are you attracted to? I bet she's smiling. And it needs to look natural, not forced. Everyone should have at least one close up and one full body. Try to stay away from blurry ones and ones that are 10 years old. Yeah, we all looked better then but not very truthful. lol

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 20 Oct, 2018 01:14 PM

it is each persons free choice what to do. I use my picture but not my real name. I do not want someone too hunt me down on facebook until I get to know them.

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 20 Oct, 2018 06:55 PM

It's really nice to see photos accompanying a profile because we, as humans, are all drawn to looks in some form or fashion but truthfully if we we're all more like our Lord, which we're supposed to be, we would not emphasise looks so much. Very few "Christian's" looketh on the heart like our Lord does. We tend to get so caught up in the flesh that we discard people based on looks before ever giving somebody a ligetiment chance at show casing their heart. In the flesh, looks mean the world but in the spirit we should desire a Godly servants heart. Just my thoughts but hey, I'm guilty about looking on the outer appearance myself. Not to the extreme but I'm still guilty. The closer I get to God, the more I realize it is about inner beauty. God bless.

1 Samuel 16:7 AKJV

7 But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

JamesEG

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 25 Oct, 2018 09:44 AM

Personally, I think that initially it is better to have a detailed profile filled out than a photo.

Knowing what a person's goals morals, and interests are is more important to me than their personal appearance. For example, do they lie, steal, get drunk, smoke, fornicate, etc.? What do they do in their spare time? What type of work or volunteer activities are they involved in?

Persons can attract the wrong people based on appearance as an earlier poster noted. And some persons may be embarrassed to have it known that they have a profile on a dating site, so wouldn't want to post a picture that might be seen by friends, relatives, church members, etc.

Personally, I do post a picture. And I note on my profile when it was taken. But I also post a detailed profile that hopefully helps persons know much more about me than can be seen from a photo.

Yes, photos are nice. But I don't see them as the most important criteria.

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 3 Nov, 2018 06:18 AM

Photos can be advantageous but are by no means all-important. To the man with the Lord as his portion, a woman's physical appeal is fundamentally affected by the hidden woman of her heart . The imperishable virtue exemplified in her inward reflection and outward expression of faith appreciably impacts on the allure of her perishable beauty.

A woman who is easy on the eye soon becomes short on looks when she is callous in the heart. The inverse is also manifestly true.

The sensual men will overlook the uglier motivations of the women to lust after their beauty, which is disparate from the spiritual men who aren't aflamed by the feminine form because they are looking for Christ formed in you first and foremost. I believe the same would apply to the women whose minds are governed by the actuality of the truth.

Photos have their place, but you'll struggle to hook the right catch if physical appearance is your bait of choice.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 7 Nov, 2018 05:59 AM

From my view photos give me an openness of an individual and as christians we should have nothing to fear or hide. I am very much afraid of those profiles without photos. Yes its my duty to see that outward appearance of a person and being attracted if possible. As of his internal appearance its God's duty. Its not my duty to try to fork out a person's spiritual behaviour. As Christians it goes like this; I seek first God's Kingdom and righteousness. Once a man with a Photo on his profile proposes love, I pray about it presenting the proposal before God. Guys God loves us all. We should always put on full armour of God - read the bible inorder to take right weapons depending on type of battle. Our God is a God of no bounderies. Blessed be His name Jehovah Shammah - He will never leave you nor forsake you wherever you are. In dreams God will show you right answers or the relationship ends prematurely. Of course we get hurt but thats God's ways of doing things. Its not that we are failing to get better relationships on this site but it is because we are lacking spiritual wisdom. Our God is not God of short cuts.

TheologyWriter

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 20 Nov, 2018 03:58 PM

Interesting how if women reject man over appearance the decision is acceptable, but if a man rejects a woman over appearance, it is condemned these days as a major sin.

LukeSkywalker

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 29 Nov, 2018 08:34 PM

I agree with Rambo. To elaborate further, there are many factors involved in finding that special someone to love and to marry. Looks and physical attraction is 1 of many but it most certainly does count. Here is the hard core fact of the matter about the necessity of pictures. Now i'm speaking primarily for me but I expect I speak for most men.

It's all about wasting valuable time. If a man sees a girls picture he can determine in 5 seconds whether or not he wants to get to know you more for a possible match.

If he doesn't have a picture then it takes a very long time, hours, days, weeks, months to see if your a good match personality wise but then after all that time he finely gets to see what you look like and then he's not attracted to you at all so now he has to break it off. That is a considerable amount of masted time for the both of you.

I will never consider talking to any girl on any dating site for the purpose of getting to know them unless they have pictures because it simply makes good common since.

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 11 Dec, 2018 10:23 AM

Physical attraction has to be there, regardless of personality - that's not a sin and the expectation that they should decide solely on your character is frankly unrealistic - unless they're blind most guys won't bother when there's hundreds of profiles that *do* have a photo.

Two other things that I want to mention:

1. I personally don't like incomplete or lazy profiles. If yours is mostly blank, missing things like detils & photos or just says something like "ask me"/"will fill in later" then why should I put any effort in if looks like you haven't?

I know historically it's been down to men to pursue and women to choose from those that do, but that's slowly changing and a lot of men are now questioning why they're the ones making the effort and whether it's worth it. Ladies, it's going to get harder not easier finding that special person so don't stymie your chances at the outset.

2. Unless you go around in real life with a paper bag over your head (or wear a burka, which I'm assuming nobody on this site does) then why are your looks a secret? Shouldn't you be more in fear of the strangers that see you every day on your way to work or the shops yet you know nothing about them, rather than somebody half way across the country or even the globe?!

Worried about being raped/attacked? Statistics show most perps are known to the victim, which means that it's meeting up with the other person that's risky, not having your photo out there (you'll have to send it to them before you meet anyway otherwise how would they know who they're looking for?)

LookingForItAll

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 13 Dec, 2018 04:35 AM

There's a very simple reason many people don't want to put their photos on public display: avoiding embarrassment.

I've seen more than one woman mention getting ridiculed by coworkers, and there's also the potential for running into someone in real life who you've turned down -- or worse, someone whose ignored your interest.

View Profile
History
Photos are so important!
Posted : 13 Dec, 2018 05:19 AM

@luke

"It's all about wasting valuable time. If a man sees a girls picture he can determine in 5 seconds whether or not he wants to get to know you more for a possible match"

People are actually that shallow and empty?

I never once felt that way.

Page : 1 2 3