Author Thread: Would you date someone with a mental disability?
Admin

Would you date someone with a mental disability?
Posted : 14 Oct, 2018 03:31 PM

I have a good question for everyone here.

Whats your stance on dating one with a mental disability?

Personally Ill take on a case by case basis. There is obviously a major difference between say dyslexia and down syndrome.

Some disability have a rather minor inmoacp when compared to others.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Oct, 2018 04:36 AM

I am not sure, I think it would depend greatly on what the disability was, and how it presented itself in their day to day life.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Oct, 2018 10:36 AM

And this is where people need to restrain themselves from joking about exes....

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Oct, 2018 07:05 PM

I think I'd have to agree with Jayzeee. There is a big difference from one disability to the next.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Oct, 2018 01:02 PM

No one else wants to take this question on? I know its abit taboo is discus, people with disability's are still people and still should have the same opportunities the rest of us get.

For me, if they're not crazy, have a OK IQ and are OK with dating Id be willing to work around their disability. But I'm very giving and accustom to being around others with disability's. I got the short end of the stick in life too so i know whats its like.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Oct, 2018 06:52 AM

Being a bit more serious than my previous comment.... there is no such thing as "normal". No one actually want's a bland average partner, deep down everyone knows we are all slightly off and they really want a partner who's craziness balances out their own.

The problems come when two people meet with identical kinds of insanity.... it can be either perfect or a nuclear disaster.... usually the latter.

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Oct, 2018 06:59 PM

Good point, everyone does have a different idea of normal.

as for the leader part in your post, I like to refer to that as rams butting heads.