Author Thread: why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Admin

why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 20 Oct, 2018 07:27 PM

A question for all you Christian ladies out there. As you think about the question I'm about to ask, please read the following scriptures. God tells us to love and be kind, the bible pounds love into our heads and gives us examples of how to love but when us men act the way God tells us to we get labeled Mr. Nice Guy and rejected. If Christian women really wants Godly men then why do y'all keep rejecting the Mr. Nice Guy types? Always been curious about this!

Galatians 5:22-23 (AKJV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

View Profile
History
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 21 Oct, 2018 11:28 AM

Thank you for your response DivineTiming77. God bless you as well.

View Profile
History
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 21 Oct, 2018 12:05 PM

I have to agree with DivineTiming77.

But I just don't get physically attraction and why one would reject one with consideration for not being physically attracted too. but then again I'm the kind of guy that would not even bother toking to a girl that's seen as gorgeous and has a poor personalty and go for the one covered in scars and is seen as hideous because she has a better personalty and I get along with her better.

I'm not saying a good looking person has a bad personalty and a bad looking one dose. I just don't care about looks.

Obediencetotheword

View Profile
History
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 21 Oct, 2018 05:49 PM

Consider this question... Are you talking about a real Christian woman? If so, then I agree that we are bound by the same Word, to be equally yoked. The details of how the Lord will allow us to find our yoke varies. We have our own individual preferences when it comes to many different things including appearance, height (some physical attributes), then the level of spiritual maturity (faith and ability to love), and personality (humor, ability to converse, responsibility). Christianity does not make us immune to these preferences. Why are we all on this site? We address the first issue, equal yoke and it is not even a guaranty. Now, why are we still on this site? We address all others. Women are not complicated as you think. We are also faced with the same issues as you. However, we are not here to settle for anything less than God has prepared for us, just like you. We constantly seek God's guidance in this process.

View Profile
History
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 21 Oct, 2018 06:31 PM

Obediencetotheword, thank you for your response. I do agree with what you said but I think my question has been misunderstood. I'm not sure how to clarify my question. May you have a beautiful and blessed night.

Melissam871

View Profile
History
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 21 Oct, 2018 11:08 PM

You also have to understand that sometimes it can be hard to tell if a guy is genuinely nice or if he is just pretending. With a lot of bad guys, most of the time, what you see is what you get. However everyone can be nice, and can quickly change when they get what they want. It can then be difficult to trust people once you see this.

View Profile
History
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 12:53 AM

Melissam871, thanks for your response also. Very legitimate concerns you mention. We never really know anybody, people can change at any given time. So, this brings up another question. Do women just go ahead and pick the bad boy type who treats them wrong right off the bat because they are physically attracted to them instead of giving the Mr Nice Guy type a chance? Do y'all assume all Mr Nice Guy's will change into a monster at some point in time, even the Christian men? If so, why do y'all feel that way?

Ocean17

View Profile
History
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 06:27 PM

Great question. Depends on each of our definition's of Nice guy. What I consider as Nice is not the same as most of my friends. Sometimes nice just means, not a bad guy, just not for me.

Rambo as I've mentioned before, I could easily switch the sexes around. I've seen men reject just as many Nice girls. (aka Bad boys).

Does physical attraction really mean that much to women? Does physical attraction really mean that much to men?

This attraction does not necessarily mean the usual visual/physical definition to everyone.

I have a few must haves on my list and quoting the bible is not one of them. Most people who do, quote out of context and do so to attempt to impress. Some have not spent enough time with people to apply what they've learnt from the bible.

I would say more but I don't want to take over the thread.

Blessings all!

Ocean17

View Profile
History
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 07:02 PM

BTW Quoting the bible is attractive when it is done at the right time, in the right context!

Ocean17

View Profile
History
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 07:06 PM

PS part 2

I can not say this elsewher therefore, those with a separated status should not be on a dating website. Either salvage your marriage or leave and take some time for you.

By staying on, you are encouraging us women to be adulterers.

View Profile
History
why reject Mr. Nice Guy?
Posted : 22 Oct, 2018 07:52 PM

I personally have been separated for nearly three years and my so called ex-wife was seeing my own cousin so please refrain from judging somebody before you know the details. I have tried to work out my marriage with no success. For me it's just a matter of finalizing the divorce. If you happen to read my profile you'll see it says I'm looking for a godly female friend. I know I can not date anyone until my divorce is final and I have told several women that in private messages already. God bless you

Page : 1 2 3