Author Thread: Where has courtship gone?
dedicated2U

View Profile
History
Where has courtship gone?
Posted : 1 Nov, 2018 03:52 PM

Well, had an interesting experience, horrible, but a learning one, NOTE to self a Paydate is not one that the date pays for a dinner, but one which they expect things as a Christian I am not willing to give. So far have not found any man who wants a good Christian wife who is fun and passionate and loves the Lord. Have cancelled dates because they ask right off am I a married woman? No? Then sorry, they are not interested! WHERE is the chivalry? the courtship? Romance? is anyone out there anymore what believes in marriage and loyalty? and is kind? I write that I am praying for a great husband with room in his heart for me and my kids and who likes cats. They tell me dump your cats and kids and live with me. Wow! alone.

ROSEX5YAPx

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2018 04:47 PM

I feel for you, and I hope it gets better.

ROSEX5YAPx

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2018 05:16 PM

ROSEX5YAPx

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2018 05:24 PM

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2018 04:28 AM

That's why it's so important to take your time and get to know someone. They say you have to see someone through all four seasons to really know them. There are genuine people seeking real relationships on here but there are also plenty of charletons. I guess that's were discernment comes in.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Nov, 2018 07:15 PM

I know whats it like. I'm having the same problem. Just about everyone in my age range is not wanting to date. They want a "hookup" or just be friends online and never meant up. I even had people solicit sex form me here.

It would seem that people in there 20s these days only know how to socialize thorough Facebook or when they want sex.

Its kind of sad that an aspie is putting him self out there for over 2 years and keep finding anti social people on dating sites that do not want a real relationship. I'm suppose to be the anti social one.

That really tells you how messed up and sad my generation is.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Nov, 2018 12:52 PM

The emphasis for dating should rest on the opportunity for service with respect to each other, but it has come to be a notoriously selfish endeavor.

It's regrettable to receive word of so few God-honoring relationships because we owe no man any thing, but to love one another. With that being said, such freedom calls for great responsibility, and the harm caused by the reckless is in all respects as prevalent here as it is abroad.

Ocean17

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Nov, 2018 06:56 PM

It's not just your generation ahams, it's across the board.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Nov, 2018 12:48 PM

From my experience talking with people with 10+ years on me, they seem to know how to carry a conversation and have the ability to care about the actual person there with. Thats not to say there aren't bad people in every generation.

But most everyone in there 20s seem to think your being rude if you just want to talk.

I mean my sister (21) will take the family out to dinner but when we get there she will stick her face in here cell phone.

I seen young adults do stuff like that all to often.

Like I said, im a aspie. I have a mental disability that makes me antisocial by nature, yet my generation is so messed up and antisocial that aspie's are getting upset about people being antisocial. That is just not right.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Nov, 2018 12:50 PM

From my experience talking with people with 10+ years on me, they seem to know how to carry a conversation and have the ability to care about the actual person there with. Thats not to say there aren't bad people in every generation.

But most everyone in there 20s seem to think your being rude if you just want to talk.

I mean my sister (21) will take the family out to dinner but when we get there she will stick her face in here cell phone.

I seen young adults do stuff like that all to often.

Like I said, im a aspie. I have a mental disability that makes me antisocial by nature, yet my generation is so messed up and antisocial that aspie's are getting upset about people being antisocial. That is just not right.