Author Thread: What do you think about "Winks", "Smiles", "Flirts", etc
Dazz

View Profile
History
What do you think about "Winks", "Smiles", "Flirts", etc
Posted : 8 Nov, 2018 09:40 PM

I'm still new at this.

My thoughts have been that eligible ladies get inundated with enquiries, and that it would be very forward of me to just start out sending messages to ladies who may have absolutely no interest in me.

So I have taken the view that sending a wink or a smile (eH) was a good way to break the ice? If a lady is even slightly interested, she can wink back, and we can take it from there...

So have I got this all wrong?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2018 01:37 AM

I personally don't respond to winks, I think it's a very comes lazy approach. As this is is a "free site" so there's no excuse for not being able to send a brief introductory message.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2018 01:45 AM

** I personally don't respond to winks, I think it's a very lazy approach. Also this is a "free site" so there's no excuse for not being able to send a brief introductory message. ***

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2018 07:50 AM

Winks are ok. It means that they found something interesting in you. I wink back to people I find interesting or attractive to let them know that I would like to get to know them better. If they message me after then we can take it to the next level. If they don't, then it's a lost cause. But I don't wink back to people that don't interest me. 😉

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Nov, 2018 12:31 PM

I agree with Jayzee, I think the whole "wink" thing with no follow-up message, leaves me in wonder. I've even had to send a message to figure out why they've sent a "wink" in the first place. Many times if I did, I just see a message left on "read" with no response. That's why I've always found it kind of important to read people's profiles before even contacting them. I mean I know that isn't always the case but it has helped me a little bit not to waste their time as well as mine. I've even learned that distance can play a big factor in responses as well. But being as messaging is free on this site, there is nothing better than someone taking the time to send a thoughtful message that shows their interested in getting to know you.

JDTRUTHWRITER

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Feb, 2019 11:18 AM

a guy that sends winks, in my eyes is a time waster and lacks courage. It is like being at a singles dance and the guy handing you a card and leaving...not saying hello or nothing. That has happened and I throw the card away. My value as a Christian woman is much more than that...a MATURE Christian man will know that.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2019 09:48 PM

I think you are right about that. Well, that works for me. If I get a wink, I read the Man's profile, if I am interested in conversation with him, I will message him back. If I am not interested in him I won't. However, many women prefer message from a man be an Email. So you have to just go by what you feel is Right for You!