Author Thread: Dating
CalebJohn316^

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 1 Dec, 2018 02:15 PM

Hey!

So I'm at a Christian college that I consider a honor to be at; however, the dating scene here isn't the best for me. I'm very shy and easily tend to withdraw into mostly male circles.

I really desire to get to know some godly young ladies; however, meeting new people isn't the easiest task for me honestly, especially girls. I've seen a girl that I'd like to get to know, but have not had the opportunity nor reason to meet her yet. I don't have any classes, or reason to be in communication with her.

How do I be non-creepy in asking her out / introducing myself to her?

By the way she dresses she stinks of a classical conservative background (judging by her clothing she was home schooled for most of her childhood then put into a private Christian school for the last 2 years).

I think she would be more open to me then most guys due to the fact that I am a classical conservative Christian rather then contemporary conservative.

Classical Conservative means you were prolly home schooled 12 years, listen to AIO, go to church 3 times a week (at least), listen to about 95% classical music, sing only hymns from before you were born, no swearing, use a KJV Bible, and dress basically with skin showing at your arms and face only.

I'd like to note that I'm fine with contemporary Christians assuming they are doctrinally correct, I just personally grew up in this environment, and desire to continue this life style.

I'd appreciate advice of any sort assuming it aligns with the Bible.

Thanks!

Brandyccc

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 1 Dec, 2018 08:07 PM

Don't over think it. Just keep your hello simple...How about..."Hi, I'm "joe".. I've seen you around, and wanted to ask if you would like to get together at the coffee shop sometime, and get aquainted?"...(Most people enjoy meeting a new friend.)

CalebJohn316^

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 2 Dec, 2018 10:16 AM

Thanks for the response, I over think many things in life sadly.

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 2 Jan, 2019 07:41 PM

I second Brandyccc post. Just keep it simple and ask if they want to do something. And boy do I know what its like to over think things. My brain is hard wired to over thing every outcome.

That being said, and this is just me, but I would not want to date in college. I would think is would be better to focus on your schooling and mixing dating and school in the same way you would not want to mix dating and work.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Dating
Posted : 18 May, 2019 08:19 AM

Just keep it simple and be yourself. If you get rejected don't take it too personal. Oftentimes women say no . Be encouraged that things will get better. Rejection is a part of life, it's how one deals with it that is important.