Author Thread: My ideal man/ relationship
Admin

My ideal man/ relationship
Posted : 2 Dec, 2018 12:37 PM

Been making a list to keep myself focused in what I want in a man and in a relationship. I was told to be specific in my prayers. I came up with only 3. First off, I have to be physically attracted to him. Not that I'm being superficial, but hey, if you're going to be intimate with someone it has to be with someone with whom you won't cringe at the slightest touch. Next, I want him to make me feel loved. That way, it would be easy to give love back, to feel secure in a relationship and getting the ugly head of jealousy out of the picture. Lastly, I want to be inspired being in that relationship. Meaning, it brings out the best in me, it being a happy relationship. Not that it will be free from troubles but there should be more joy to make the sorrows insignificant. Can someone add more to that list? It's such a short list and I feel that there should be more. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2018 07:37 PM

"I have to be physically attracted to him. Not that I'm being superficial"

How is that not superficial?

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Dec, 2018 09:00 PM

It simply means that it's just not about the looks. Even if one is not that handsome, sometimes he becomes attractive because of how he dress or how he carries himself or his attitude. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. At first glance, they may not be attractive but as you get to know them better they become beautiful more and more.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2018 06:55 AM

I don't think seeking attraction in a partner is superficial. I agree with op if that's the case we could just marry anyone. Regardless of attraction, personality, interests and shared goals for the future, sounds like a guaranteed recipe for divorce.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Dec, 2018 07:21 AM

My ideal man would of lived a bit of life, he would of learned the lessons from his past relationships, and have dealt with any feelings of bitterness, and be ready to find love again, they would already have their family, they just want to enjoy life serving God sharing our hobbies & interests, and travelling which is always better with company.

sauloftarsus

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2018 05:32 PM

You didn't say anything about his relationship with God, without it, everything else you seek will not matter. It should be the first thing you pray for. All morality comes from God and a Godly man will provide you the love you need if He first seeks the Lord. Also, there is nothing wrong with wanting an attractive, to you, mate. Song of Solomon is quite clear on this.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2018 07:38 PM

Thanks for that reminder. I always take that for granted since I only entertain Christians here. And I just assume that as Christians, God is always first in everything. But then of course, there are practising Christians and lukewarm Christians and those who are constantly backsliding. Whatever one's state, I believe that all of us are always striving to be holy.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Dec, 2018 07:51 PM

Thanks Jayzeee for sharing what qualities you are looking for in a man. So it's a wise man who has learned from his past with the same goals and interests as you. I should remember that before I decide to settle down with anyone.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Dec, 2018 12:44 AM

I would say as far as pursuing a relationship with someone, I would definitely hope that the person is someone who isn't afraid of change and growth in life. Also, they have a desire to grow as an individual, set goals and aspirations to achieve, and are always aspiring to fulfill the purpose that God has for their life. Furthermore, hoping that this person isn't holding onto any bitterness or anger towards their past or people in their past and that they have the ability to forgive.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2018 04:22 PM

@Jayzeee

The op said "physically attracted" not attracted too.

That would imply looks and not "personality, interests and shared goals for the future"

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Dec, 2018 03:44 AM

The op said "she'd" have to be physically attracted to him. I think that's the case for most people attraction is much more than just looks. Because no one wants to have a partner whose great to look at but dull as dishwater...

Page : 1 2