Author Thread: What is your view on self - abuse?
Admin

What is your view on self - abuse?
Posted : 13 Dec, 2018 04:40 PM

Since the word is censored here, I mean stimulating yourself to achieve sexual pleasure. I am completely opposed to this practice on both the practical and the spiritual level,but I would like to know what other people here think. I think it is very important to have the right attitude towards this vice.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2018 01:05 AM

Any reasons you're against it? There's nothing in scripture mentioning it one way or another, though some erroneously refer to Onan's sin, which was actually in failing to provide children for his dead brother's wife.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2018 02:10 PM

There are not only shall not s in the Bible, but also principles we should live by. For instance the Bible does say no drinking alcohol but it does not mention cocaine. Masturbation is connected to lustful fantasies which are a sin, and perverts the original design of sex. God made the woman for man. And Paul says, if you can not contain than marry, it is better to marry than to burn with passion. Obviously he could have said, have sex with yourself and relieve yourselves if that was permissible. On the practical levels the harms are numerous, psychological and physical. You take an instinct that was meant to take you out of your isolation and find yourself in another and you turn it to yourself.

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2018 05:27 PM

The Bible is full of passage that suggest such an act is a sin. It doesn't mentioned it by name as far as I know. But thats the case with alot of things.

That list below imply its wrong. Im sure that there is more I don't know of.

Matthew 5:28

1 Peter 2:11

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5

Also id like to know where the Bible says not to drink alcohol. Thats a new one for me. I believe is says no drunkenness but oks drinking.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2018 01:15 AM

The bible doesn't command no alcohol, otherwise jews wouldn't be able to celebrate passover as wine is integral to it. That and Jesus had no problem with turning water into wine, nor Paul recommending it to Timothy.

Regarding the subject of masturbation: there is no command regarding the act; however there are plenty against lust and desire which leads people into sin. That's why we must crucify the flesh daily so that it does not control us. But whilst masturbation can involve sinful thoughts, the act itself is not sinful - it's what you're thinking of at the time that's the problem.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2018 07:29 AM

Wow. How can you say something like that. Self pleasuring one self is the very definition of lust.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Dec, 2018 08:18 AM

Not at all, the sexual sins listed in the bible always involve more than one person, either in deed or in thought. Consider; is it wrong to self-pleasure to the thought of your husband whilst he's away on business? Or can you undress a women in your mind without condemnation because you haven't 'acted' upon it?

You're hung up on an action when like most sins, the root lies in the thoughts that lead up to it, which is why we're to capture every thought and make it obedient to Christ. Start there and the actions will follow.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2018 01:44 AM

I think that those who are use to solo sex end up with dulled responses not a recipe for a happy union.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2018 02:33 AM

I think if you can't exercise self control with regards to your own body, how are you going to manage it when you actually enter into a relationship.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2018 07:17 AM

The problem with self abuse is you don't realize it's becoming a problem until it's a big problem. From long term usage either your body adapts (physically) in unfortunate ways or your fantasies become extremely perverted or both.... and somehow you realize you are addicted to a method of procrastination that serves as a way of rejecting the opposite sex in some ways. Adding that self release is no release in many ways it ends up distorting s-health because a certain level of tension never dissapates. That's why it's called abuse.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Jan, 2019 07:49 AM

I don't think a Christian should Practice it. Because it is a thought first then out in action by an act. We as Christians should think on postive things for serving the Lord. I don't necessarily see it as a Sin though.

Page : 1 2