Author Thread: Suddenly “they are not ready to date”
Rainwalker1060

View Profile
History
Suddenly “they are not ready to date”
Posted : 1 Jan, 2019 12:31 PM

I have been talking to many women here and the thing that i have noticed most with certain women is that after chatting with them deeply for weeks they suddenly start to become distant. Then less interested and finally requesting that we just be friends because they aren’t ready for a relationship. (Maybe just with me). But it’s heart breaking when you share personal life and ideas with someone and they share with you and you both hit it off and suddenly they ghost and when they come back they don’t seem interested. I think what I am saying here is... communicate! What happened? Were you really ready to start dating? Was it something that I said? Did you find another man that is more handsome or interesting than me? If we are Christians then can’t we be a little more kind to eachother?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2019 06:10 AM

People enter into an online conversations for many different reasons. It could be boredom, loneliness, friendship or a possible romantic interest. I think it's best not to assume that everyone that messages you. Is a potential partner because you'll be setting yourself up for dissapointment.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2019 10:16 PM

I second jayzeee.

Not everyone is looking for the same thing and some do get cold feet as they say.

I'm marriage minded and at my age ware I live it makes me a very rare black sheep. Most people my age just want to date once or twice or be friends.

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2019 07:18 PM

I'll give a perspective from the opposite side. An older man began chatting with me on a dating site (almost 15 years older than me). His introduction was to give me a nice compliment, for which I thanked him. I then asked him a question. He answered the question, but then didn't reciprocate with one for me. I thought that he might be shy so I asked him another question. The messaging continued with me asking questions and he was answering them, but he didn't ask much about me. By the third day, we had chatted back and forth about 5 times (a total of one comment from him and one question from me each time, not really conversations). Then he boldly suggested he could drive to where I live and meet me for coffee. He only knew one thing about me and I knew five things about him. We don't know each others names and we never even discussed anything of importance. We were still strangers and yet he was ready to meet. He clearly lacked any ability to engage in intelligent conversation and had no interest in really getting to know me. If he had actually read my bio, he would have realized that other than liking outdoor activities, we have very little in common.

From my perspective, he was desperate to meet someone quite a bit younger than himself in a fast attempt to end his loneliness. I'm definitely not interested in jumping into a relationship without building a solid, healthy foundation.

When I explained that it was too soon and shared with him the way to build into a relationship, he acknowledged that I was being wise. The question and answer session continued for another week and a half. Eventually, I stopped asking him questions and everything came to a complete halt. When it ended, he had only asked me three questions and still knew almost nothing about me. I would have been willing to answer questions and engage in conversation, but I'm not willing to just suddenly start talking about myself to a stranger.

I believe there are many people who would benefit from takin a class on socializing - how to listen, what questions to ask to engage in conversation, body language, social etiquette, etc...This would go a long way in helping start a potential relationship, and then be very useful in relationship communication. So, I ended the dialogue because it wasn't even a decent conversation, he was rushing things, and he showed no interest in getting to know me first. That's why some women suddenly stop interacting.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2019 01:47 AM

That’s sad that that happened to you.

But what I run into ALOT on dating sites is guys not reading my profile. How can you start a convo with a person and not read their profile? Because if they did,they’d see that I’m not what they’re looking for. I always say I don’t want to waste anyone’s time and I don’t want my time wasted. It’s good to know from the very start what that person is looking for so you won’t get caught up.

Alligator

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2019 09:20 PM

Paris - i get that a lot. guys who write mush the first message...you are so beautiful, its the smile i have waited for all my life ( i am NOT smiling in pics) you are the pretty woman i have always waited in line to marry == WHAT? i don't even know your name. And then if I try to converse, i get one or two word answers. This is NOT what I am looking for. A friend told me once "men are stupid". My father was not. he set a good example for me, but I am beginning to believe that the man on here ARE stupid. its very disappointing.